Youtube - Old tippers at work

Something (or somethings) I bumped into on youtube. Problem is these vids fit in so many existing threads (tippers, 4/ 6/ 8-leggers, past European marques, old Mercs/ Maggies/ MANs/ DAfs) and I couldn’t be arsed tracking every thread that might be relevant and copy/pasting, so I’ll put them here and you can decide for yourselves.

As far as I can tell these are videos of tipper events held somewhere in Germany or Holland (some locals might be able to fill in the details). The usual makes are there aplenty - Mercedes-Benz, MAN, Magirus-Deutz, the odd DAF, Volvo and Scania, and marques I know very little about (Henschel, Hanomag, Büssing, Krupp). There’s even some “modern” stuff (an NL12 :wink: ) and if you’re into earthmoving kit there’s footage of old Cats (including old D4s), Liebherrs and several things I can’t even identify doing the heavy lifting. I’ve never driven tippers in anger, but it was wonderful to hear old Merc V10s and air-cooled Maggie V10s and V8s working hard again. Beats static displays into a cocked hat. Some samples below, enjoy…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqaWNvLHBwBksA27Qdkwuw (search channel for <>)

Hiya…this is well worth a look theres a spanking nice 6 legger bonnet merc tipper (green one).
thanks for showing us where to find this Park royal 2100. just going back for another look.
this clip is like a working classic show in a sand pit not just a line of trucks on the grass. you’ll love it.
John

Very good :smiley: :smiley:

I can confirm that living close to the German border these meetings are worth to visit.
In their original scene, so agree with John no line-up, you can see these old workhorses
do their job in an atmosphere of gone days, indeed the smell of Euro 0 and the logistics
of those years. A good combination and scene in the quarries…and indeed with the more
common vehicles, but also with rare ones, KRUPP, MACK, FAUN etc

There were meetings in Geilenkirchen (D), Niederkruchten (D), Wesel (D) and also in the
Dutch region of Venray with a variety of equipment.

And not a hard hat in sight!

Retired Old ■■■■:
And not a hard hat in sight!

Or high-viz :wink:

3300John:
this clip is like a working classic show in a sand pit not just a line of trucks on the grass. you’ll love it.
John

John, exactly. I’m not having a pop at those who restore wagons and park them on the grass when they take them to shows, but these clips (there’s loads of them) are much more up my alley. Wagons were made to work so it seems obvious to me they’re best seen working.

ERF-Continental:
I can confirm that living close to the German border these meetings are worth to visit.
In their original scene, so agree with John no line-up, you can see these old workhorses
do their job in an atmosphere of gone days, indeed the smell of Euro 0 and the logistics
of those years. A good combination and scene in the quarries…and indeed with the more
common vehicles, but also with rare ones, KRUPP, MACK, FAUN etc

Thanks ERF-C, the rare marques would make it even more enjoyable. Your comment “the smell of Euro 0” made me laugh :smiley:

Hiya i might go to one next year if i can get in. its a pity my tipper has a van body now
we’d look well with that lot

Few remember the Euro 0, risks in the quarries, rain, winter, mud, heating of those days (webasto, eberspächer,…)
and shift-work. Attached some oldies and rares

Krupp-Dolberg was also very popular for its excavators

Mustn’t forget this French ERF NGC on tipper work! Robert :smiley:

I’m curious about this M-B 2632 as seen here:

youtu.be/JaSyGKIF8bg?t=9m6s

I’ve never seen a Merc with a cab like that - was it a Europe only thing? Was it M-B design or someone else’s?

ERF-Continental:
Niederkruchten-Krupp.jpg
Once the KING in the quarries and also known for dumpers

Hi ERF-C, why were Krupp tippers so highly regarded?

ovloV N88!
youtu.be/-C_PavkrZjM?t=2m8s

And a Titan:
youtu.be/hTcRSbq9EYE?t=38s

Just an overview…KRUPP has a long history and pedigree in heavy-equipment, mining-industry,
construction and lorries for special purposes (steelworks etc) as a worldknown big company.

With all respect to the other makes, MB, MAN, Büssing, Henschel (though also a big steelwork)
amongst other non-German makes had no quarry-experience, only FAUN has from the German
point of view but that company emphasized on heavy-haulage with their lorries.

Minor point of Krupp was the V6/V8 ‘forced’ marriage with ■■■■■■■ as their own two-strokes
did show a lot of problems and were to their end of the power-range. Also the bodywork was
poor…so nowadays all remaining KRUPP’s will have had thorough new panels etc.

Oeps…the ‘only’ non-German exception is also Foden, who had an office in Munich as well, but
I don’t recall of Foden-tippers in German or continental quarries…

Interesting, thanks ERF-C.

When I heard this DAF 2600 I was instantly reminded of buses with Leyland’s 0.600. Which of course is no suprise.
youtu.be/hTcRSbq9EYE?t=6m42s

PR2100…one of the best advantages between Leyland and DAF cooperation

ParkRoyal2100:
I’m curious about this M-B 2632 as seen here:

youtu.be/JaSyGKIF8bg?t=9m6s

I’ve never seen a Merc with a cab like that - was it a Europe only thing? Was it M-B design or someone else’s?

The now remaining manufacturers absorbed a lot of other German manufacturers:

MAN acquired Büssing, ERF etc
MB acquired KRUPP, Hanomag and Henschel, once Hanomag-Henschel etc

Your special MB is a Henschel F320AK as per attached spec

Frederici ran some on Middle-East work with Mercedes V10 engines and home-made cabs. Robert :slight_smile:

2742198156_small_1.jpg

I’m not sure why that was, because Henschal provided sleeper cabs of their own, like this one: Robert