"You're Only Allowed 100Litres."

The local petrol station to where I’m based has been saying this to us for 2 days. Not just our wagons but others too, apparently they’ve been let down by the fuel company (probably means the money’s not cleared so no tanker).
Question is, do you act honestly and stop at 100 or keep going until your tank’s full or the pump shuts off?
I did stop at 100litres but wondered if I’m being too honest?

Muckaway:
The local petrol station to where I’m based has been saying this to us for 2 days. Not just our wagons but others too, apparently they’ve been let down by the fuel company (probably means the money’s not cleared so no tanker).
Question is, do you act honestly and stop at 100 or keep going until your tank’s full or the pump shuts off?

If they’re watching you they’ll just shut them off from inside. Then you might find none of the lorrys will get any fuel when they pull up as mini hurler tells the staff to refuse serving you all is it worth the bother?

Our local garage had to turn off the hgv pumps and only let the regulars fill up on the car pumps. Apparently there is a driver shortage so their delivery was a day late :-\

Thats what the training firms have been saying for years ,driver shortage ,book now before we have to put the prices up.

Not sure if they still do, or what the amounts are, but I know a local fuel station to me, the pumps had an auto stop set at 100 litres (£70 back then). I found this out when I tried to fill the 130 litre extended range tank on a works van.
Apparently, it was some safety feature for if the pipe split or got torn off.

There’s one in Basingstoke like that… an absolute nightmare.

Have you got a fuel card that you can go anywhere with?, if so tell them you and your colleagues will no longer be frequenting their establishment just go somewhere else,the supermarket service stations are a good bet if you pick the right time of day and not a problem with an eight wheeler, think about all those “clubcard points”,btw all the service stations seem to have got rid of the fast pumps for lorries now, prehaps they don’t want us in there!(did they get upset with drivers taking a wizz up the wheels while filling up :laughing:)

Have you got a fuel card that you can go anywhere with?, if so tell them you and your colleagues will no longer be frequenting their establishment just go somewhere else,the supermarket service stations are a good bet if you pick the right time of day and not a problem with an eight wheeler, think about all those “clubcard points”,btw all the service stations seem to have got rid of the fast pumps for lorries now, prehaps they don’t want us in there!(did they get upset with drivers taking a wizz up the wheels while filling up :laughing:)

Quite a lot of non hgv pumps cut out at 100 litres.

splitshift:

I’ve not yet found a fuel card which gives points.
Edit: apart from Fuel Genie :wink:

Take your business elsewhere! These forecourts don’t make a great deal of profit selling fuel tbh, they do however make lots selling all the other overpriced tat they fill their shelves with. You rarely see a truck driver fill up and then leave the shop empty handed. Deny them that business and they’ll soon change their tune.

Muckaway:

Is that the Shell garage at Witney??

lightning:

Muckaway:

Is that the Shell garage at Witney??

No the Texaco one at Yarnton. I don’t know why we don’t have Shell cards incase the Keyfuel ones run out.

sounds like stracathro lol