You're not booked in mate

I’m sure we’ve all had this from a Jobsworth at Goods-In many times - You turn up with a delivery to make and they respond with a bit of sucking of the teeth, shaking of the head and “Sorry, you’re not booked in mate…” WHY do they do that even when yours is the only truck in the yard?

I had this yesterday, instead of the usual negotiation/pleading I replied “Are you saying you won’t unload me?” This obviously took him slightly by surprise, and he replied “Yes”, so I walked back to the truck.

A quick phone call back to the customer (I’m an agency driver ), as I knew how urgently the load was needed at the destination, and before I’d even had time to finish my cuppa, the same Goods-In bod was tapping on the cab door to sheepishly ask me if I’d mind backing onto the bay as they really need the goods off the pallet right now

It almost made my day :smiley:

RAOFLMAO :grimacing:. Rather you dealing with these places than me :wink::lol:.

I always make them come out to me after they have refused the load. As you said a phone call to the office is usually followed 5 minutes later by the goods in bod walking accross the yard. I have been asked a couple of times to go back in and see them, my reply now is “get them to come to me, they want the load not me”, but then I have a Masters Degree in being awkward just for the sake of it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I just love it when they try that one on! No argument, I just get jobsworth to sign the notes saying “Refused” and tell him I am very happy to take it back, being an OD I get paid for the back load too :stuck_out_tongue:

My answer is ok then bye.Call office when you realise you need the freight and we’ll see if we can deliver on that day. :wink: Soon changes their mind’s when they realise it don’t bother you in the slightest. :laughing:

kitkat:
My answer is ok then bye.Call office when you realise you need the freight and we’ll see if we can deliver on that day. :wink: Soon changes their mind’s when they realise it don’t bother you in the slightest. :laughing:

Same here, why do these places even think you care?

Had problems like this before and also pulled into depots only to be told to [zb] off. I just say ok mate i’ll just go and see the manager to say that i’ve been [zb] off site and when would he like to re-book me for.

By the time he has given the cocky bigmouth a rollicking i’m in and tipped. Go straight to the top cos it never fails :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If it won’t go through the autocensor as is, it’s not allowed. Lib

Ok, sign here used to be my reply :laughing:. Then I’d let the shouting commence :grimacing:.

Last 2 drops Bristol (30 mins from home), of a very hectic day Friday, fortunately I’ve a load of chocolates that they all want…

Emersons Green, Sainsbury with 2 hours left.

“Can you get these 2 pallets off pronto ?”

“np drive, pull across the bays”

“great, I’ll draw the curtains back”

done and back to office… “come on then let’s go !!”

“Tea break drive”

“■■ that, give me my notes back I’m off”

Would give me my notes back, so “stuff you, keep ‘em” and pulled out.

Drive around block and back across bay… FLT rushed out and tipped me

Last drop Morrison’s Cribb’s, 9 pm, 1 hour left…

Only one Stobby in front, no-one on bay.

“can you tip pronto ? little time left”

“what time you booked in drive” ?

“when I get here, can you tip” ?

“let me look for paper work drive”

“ok but please be quick”

While waiting other drivers come through and pull in front…

“found that paper work yet cause I have to go”

“yep got it here, you were booked for 1 pm”

“so what, can you get me tipped” ?

“np, join the queue”

“■■ that, you’re gona have to fast track me, NOW”

“can’t drive”

grabs my papers and off… 30 mins to go

I just sit there nice and patient like a good driver should do

simon

SimonRS2K:
I just sit there nice and patient like a good driver should do

simon

Reminds me of something one of the bods said…

“were not here to work around you, you’re here to serve us”

I thought about that but bit me tongue, too tired…

Arrived at delivery point and told it would be three hours before I would get unloaded. (Strange I thought seeing as there was no other vehicles around) Phoned TM and low and behold sheepish minion comes out with tail between legs, back into yard will do you now. Left one hour later and still no sign of any other vehicel, Perhaps he was just having a bad hair day.
This employee is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definite won’t be

I got to Tesco Magor RDC in a bit of a hurry.
“How long will it take you to get this 1 pallet off? I’m very short on hours.”
“About an hour”
“Alright, I’ll take it away and get the regular driver on this run to deliver it tomorrow.”
“urm… hold on a sec, we’ll see what we can do…” :smiley:

In and out in 15 mins with a pallet 8 hours past book in time :smiley:

it must take longer for these poxy places to book loads in and out then it does to actually tip them :confused:

Not quite a booking time story but a refused delivery nontheless.

Several years ago, before mobile phones! (remember those good old days) Me and my mate had gone to Anglia Oils in Hull to load for UB in Billingham. there had been a problem with production overnight so our night man hadnt loaded our tanks. we went in and waited to load, after a couple of hours we were under the loading gantries, set up to load when the chemist gave the ok.

He decided that the loads could be loaded , but he needed to sample the tankers before we could leave the hull site.

At around 1300 he said we could go, and the boss asked what time we would be in Billingham. We should be there around 1600. OK, I will let them know.

We both arrived at the factory at about 4 and were met by the security guard. you cant park there overnight he said. We are not we are delivering oil. you are waiting for us. :open_mouth:

Everyone said that, he told us, look the sign says no tanker deliveries after 3.30.

OK we said and without arguing went into Middlesbrough and got absolutely hammered in the Zetland and the Bongo club :smiley:

Next morning a little bit worse for wear we drove back to UB. there was absolute hell on, there were managers screaming, there were people sat around the perimeter fence smoking, there was a line of potato trucks outside.

You should have been here yesterday screamed this bright red manager at us,

We were we explained, and we were refused entry because you cannot accept deliveries after 3.30.

We were waiting for that oil he bellowed, we had to stop production last night as we were out of oil. these trucks cannot deliver any more potatoes because we had no oil to fry with. these girls cannot do any packing because there is nothing to pack. our trucks cant deliver to our customers because we have nothing to deliver :exclamation:

Our boss had had a phone call during the evening to see where we were, he had suggested that they send a taxi out to look for us :stuck_out_tongue: ,

After that we were allowed to park on site and even check with the tankfarm operator when we arrived. but thats another story

Wheel Nut:
Several years ago, before mobile phones! (remember those good old days)

I’ve just gone back to those days (I’m not using my phone for them), nearly caused a bit of a problem today.

On the one hand it’s nice to know they won’t be on your back all the time, on the other hand it’s sometimes a pain when things go wrong that you can’t phone easily.

I can still remeber the days b4 mobile phones, only just mind, We were given BT calling cards so had to stop at phone boxes to call in, it was great, mainly cos we used to do central London and there is no where to stop and call from so we just used to take a nice slow ride back to the yard and run our hours out…easy life :laughing: :laughing:

Can you reverse the charges on a pay as you go mobile?

Roymondo:
I’m sure we’ve all had this from a Jobsworth at Goods-In many times - You turn up with a delivery to make and they respond with a bit of sucking of the teeth, shaking of the head and “Sorry, you’re not booked in mate…” WHY do they do that even when yours is the only truck in the yard?

I had this yesterday, instead of the usual negotiation/pleading I replied “Are you saying you won’t unload me?” This obviously took him slightly by surprise, and he replied “Yes”, so I walked back to the truck.

A quick phone call back to the customer (I’m an agency driver ), as I knew how urgently the load was needed at the destination, and before I’d even had time to finish my cuppa, the same Goods-In bod was tapping on the cab door to sheepishly ask me if I’d mind backing onto the bay as they really need the goods off the pallet right now

It almost made my day :smiley:

i had it last night at asda washington went to first one he said “not booked in here” go to other one down the rd.
went there not booked in there either but it definatly the first one as we dont take shampoo.
back again after agueing with him and ready to take the load back to castleford as i didnt him execl phone number he phoned and checked and alas it was booked in for 11pm… so after giving him a few choice words truck was unloaded.

why cant security just read the paperwork in front off them!!!