Your wagon ain't as long as the layby so budge up

why is it that when your looking for a space in a layby to put your head down for a break or the night there always seems to be a knob head that thinks his wagon is double the length and takes up way to much space.
i mean its not exactly rocket science to just budge up a little more to give another fellow driver some space to park his wagon (which happens to be the same length as yours) so he can have a rest just like you.
so come on drivers be a little more accomadating with the space you use.

Drives me bonkers things like that , I always try get as close to the next truck/car etc to give as much space as possible or if empty run right up to the edge so anyone coming in next has space !
Rocket science it ain’t

Fallmonk:
Drives me bonkers things like that , I always try get as close to the next truck/car etc to give as much space as possible or if empty run right up to the edge so anyone coming in next has space !
Rocket science it ain’t

it must be rocket science to some cos they aint got a clue how to park lol

A, did you both pull in at the sam time / see him pul in .
B. could have had something infront when he pulled up… just saying

Bloke in front finishes his break and leaves, you still on yours and can’t move . Bloke pulls up behind you but can’t quite get in and thinks your an inconsiderate knob that can’t park . Suppose that’s one scenario :smiley: :smiley:

philberg182:
Bloke in front finishes his break and leaves, you still on yours and can’t move . Bloke pulls up behind you but can’t quite get in and thinks your an inconsiderate knob that can’t park . Suppose that’s one scenario :smiley: :smiley:

Exactly - think about what may have been the situation before you arrived. I’ve been a ‘knob head’ sometimes just in this situation. Could keep restarting my break though !?

philberg182:

First scenario that came to my mind.

It’s the chuffin car drivers (reps) who insist on parking their car smack in the middle of the layby that pee me off

I find slashing on their bumper usually does the trick :wink: :wink:

philberg182:
I find slashing on their newspaper usually does the trick :wink: :wink:

I think that’s what you really meant to say. :laughing:

DieselDemon:

philberg182:
I find slashing on their newspaper usually does the trick :wink: :wink:

I think that’s what you really meant to say. :laughing:

Lol :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

the chuffin car drivers (reps) who insist on parking their car smack in the middle of the layby that pee me off

Just the same scenario though.
They may have pulled in between two other vehicles that have since gone… but don’t let thinking ruin a good rant :slight_smile:

A lot of thought has gone into this… Well done Lizard, you’ve not really thought this through have you…

Been done to death.
You park up behind a rigid,thats behind an artic. Rigid leaves,another lorry pulls in and driver thinks “why the ■■■■ didnt he park closer” . .mind the gap.
As an aside, anybody remember the bit of waste ground opposite Honda,Swindon where you could park?
Was shut off a while ago when the B+Q was being built.
Well good news,the powers that be are putting in a new layby and it looks big enough to accomodate 4 artics . .so book early :stuck_out_tongue:
Why is this in the wai forum :confused:

Yep this thread has to qualify for “fail of the year”

del949:

the chuffin car drivers (reps) who insist on parking their car smack in the middle of the layby that pee me off

Just the same scenario though.
They may have pulled in between two other vehicles that have since gone… but don’t let thinking ruin a good rant :slight_smile:

It’s not the same scenario though is it. They’re not on EU rules, so they can easily move a few feet with a bit of common sense. Nothing stopping them from moving up to the front of the lay-by if another vehicle leaves, unless they’ve broken down or they’re having a kip and unaware of the space left in front of them… :unamused:

Nothing stopping them from moving up to the front of the lay-by if another vehicle leaves,

Be honest, if you were in your car would you?
You probably would if a truck pulled in and you saw he was struggling, but if the traffic was simply driving past on the carriageway I doubt that you would.

del949:

Nothing stopping them from moving up to the front of the lay-by if another vehicle leaves,

Be honest, if you were in your car would you?
You probably would if a truck pulled in and you saw he was struggling, but if the traffic was simply driving past on the carriageway I doubt that you would.

If the car has a caravan attached then there is half a chance they will move, otherwise chances are slim to nil, not like the car wazzheads have a tacho to panic about either.

My daily route passes over 200 laybys (roughly one every mile) and it’s almost a gimme that any with a car in them and that’s the layby stuffed as they are parked in the middle, granted the odd one might have pulled in when something else was there but I’ve never seen it in 9 months of day trunks on the route.

espresso:

philberg182:

First scenario that came to my mind.

It’s the chuffin car drivers (reps) who insist on parking their car smack in the middle of the layby that pee me off

they don’t if they’re waiting for recovery. they drive as far up to something as they can so there isn’t room to get the truck infront of them, and you can bet your arse someone will park right behind them before i get there :imp: