Your top three driving agencies?

Not name and shame more credit where credit is due.
If you had to pick three driving agencies where you had a good experience (on average) throughout the time you were with them which would they be? Perhaps you would elaborate a little!
global.

This will either go off topic fast or be the shortest thread on Trucknet :laughing:

Wrightstaff at worcester. The only one id recommend.

St Omer now Tops recruitment at Leeds.
Always been fair with me, got me work when I’ve asked.

Absolutely none of them, they are all on the same level, screw you over at the drop of a hat.

I’ve been working for the same company via an agency (blue arrow/milestone)for the last 20 months now, a while ago I said I needed a day off, gave 3 days notice but got told I needed to give 2 weeks notice for a days holiday :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , I replied will I get 2 weeks notice if I’m not required for a day or 2…I got my day off :laughing:

ADR Network, Crick. Honestly cannot say a bad thing about them.

i had very few issues with any of the 3 i’ve worked for, protemp, progress and best connection, all out of hull. but it’s probably about 5 years since i worked for them, so things may have changed.

i think a good % of peoples issues with agencies is down to their idea of an agencies role and the reality of the role

stevieboy308:
i had very few issues with protemp, progress and best connection in hull. but it’s probably about 5 years since i worked for them, so things may have changed.

i think a good % of peoples issues with agencies is down to their idea of an agencies role and the reality of the role

I think it’s down to the lies and bull ■■■■ that comes out of their mouths personally :sunglasses:

waynedl:
I think it’s down to the lies and bull [zb] that comes out of their mouths personally :sunglasses:

how many times have we seen the comment on here “and they’ll drop you when there’s no work” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

mick.mh2racing:

When I phoned them they didn’t know their arse from their elbow.

stevieboy308:

waynedl:
I think it’s down to the lies and bull [zb] that comes out of their mouths personally :sunglasses:

how many times have we seen the comment on here “and they’ll drop you when there’s no work” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

How often is that written after “they told me there’s 4 weeks work, I wasted fuel and time to register / induct at this company”…

Don’t lie, simple. Look mate, we’re an agency, we believe that this company wants you for 4 weeks, we’ll let you know asap of any changes, but we remind you that we’re not responsible for none agency content :laughing:

jessicas dad:

mick.mh2racing:

I’m actually working through Dave at St Omer / Tops at the moment, seems ok, paid what’s been agreed, but has also done the normal agency part of “you’re here for 5 weeks” … friday night comes “they don’t need you next week” … sunday night comes … “can you go in tomorrow at 5am…■■” - me “Nope” :sunglasses:

I go in the firm on Tuesday, there’s 3 agency guys in there all for Dave… So, they didn’t need me eh?

edited to sort quote out

Bob Pain of Dixon-Grace recruitment, based in Brampton, ■■■■■■■■ always found him straight to deal with and backed me up when needed, oh and he’s looking for at least another C+E driver.

waynedl:

stevieboy308:

waynedl:

How often is that written after “they told me there’s 4 weeks work, I wasted fuel and time to register / induct at this company”…

Don’t lie, simple. Look mate, we’re an agency, we believe that this company wants you for 4 weeks, we’ll let you know asap of any changes, but we remind you that we’re not responsible for none agency content :laughing:

jessicas dad:

mick.mh2racing:

I’m actually working through Dave at St Omer / Tops at the moment, seems ok, paid what’s been agreed, but has also done the normal agency part of “you’re here for 5 weeks” … friday night comes “they don’t need you next week” … sunday night comes … “can you go in tomorrow at 5am…■■” - me “Nope” :sunglasses:

I go in the firm on Tuesday, there’s 3 agency guys in there all for Dave… So, they didn’t need me eh?

edited to sort quote out

Where you working for Dave? Did some work through him for DHL at Whitwood and did get the run around. To be fair Dave was great with me and the problems came ultimately from DHL. They didn’t have a clue, and needless to say I didn’t last long. They’d book you for an 0400 start and then sit in their yard for 2 hours for a unit to come back off a night trunk. Then DHL would be hounding you all day to get done.
Or DHL Whitwood would send you unit only to Bawtry for a trailer and DHL Bawtry didn’t know who you were and you’d sit on your arse all day and do jack.
Not the agency at fault but no doubt many others would blame the agency.
Each to their own, Tops were fine for me.

There aren’t three in the country worth recommending. They all talk ■■■■■■■■ and can lie like a politician before an election. :grimacing:

lee at LSL can ltd top bloke decent wages and looking for more class 1 drivers worked every day possible for the last 5 months,he is based in bolsover

I have done a lot of work for Eclipse based in Nottingham, and Highway Drivers (bottesford), both are trouble free and pay on time with no pay errors or disputes.

Both give me the work when I have asked for it, both give you the work when it is available, like all agencies their hands are tied by the customer, if the customer cancels what can they do ■■ Pita I know but that’s how agency work rolls sadly.

As a rule I very rarely got cancelled with Eclipse (brakes in Grantham) and a pure lottery with Highway (Stobarts Newark), knowing how both operate I don’t blame highway for the cancellations.

Both have always spoken plain English to me with very little bs if any.

PCM bishops Cleeve Cheltenham nothing but praise very professional outfit run by Brian Davies ex driver and Ralph’s son

Target and Nas in scotland.every driver moaning about driver hire ,I’ve never worked for them.My friend works for blue arrow they are ok too.

Truckulent:
There aren’t three in the country worth recommending. They all talk [zb] and can lie like a politician before an election. :grimacing:

+1^^^^

Nothing like a blazing damning generalisation huh ■■

That’s like saying all truck drivers are smelly vest wearing, moaning whining transvestite fat C**NTS :unamused: