Your Top Ten

I thought I would post Pictures of my top 10 lorries that I like.

If you like you could post yours.

For me, am into any Scania or Volvo with … bull bars, spot lights and custom livery but it must have all 3 and not just one or the other.

I do also like heavy recovery vehicles and Gucci horse boxes.

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Fifth one down. Stuart Nichols long line is my favourite truck on the road. Very jealous and wish they were a common fixture, would love the space in one of those

I think a lot of people seem to like the Scania longline, it is a bit of a beast.

I don’t know if you’d be interested in the following pictures ?

2.jpg

3.jpg

Oh forgot one.

A picture of the interior.

Oh dear

You’ve took time out of your life to post that when you are clearly not interested.

Says a lot about you doesn’t it.

Well-Jell:
I think a lot of people seem to like the Scania longline, it is a bit of a beast.

I don’t know if you’d be interested in the following pictures ?

Very VERY nice trucks. Maybe one day the powers that be will decide that truckers should be able to have a large cab. I’m so jealous of some of the US trucks. Not sure I’d like that interior, bit too much of a poofs palace for me :laughing: (I can say that can’t I?)

Ninth one down for me, could go and make some good money with that.

Well I’d hate to have any of these in the pictures. They are so blinged up that they need constant cleaning and polishing in a UK climate to keep them looking at least half decent otherwise they soon look like shabby pieces of tat. I quite often see drivers of these look-at-me-mobiles on their breaks or daily rests with their rags and tins of polish keeping up appearances. Got far better things to do with my time than spend it doing stuff like that!

Like the Longlines myself, but not keen on some of the paint jobs, a plain motor in maybe black or silver for instance, looks much better imo…and as for that interior :open_mouth: …ffs. :laughing: :laughing: horrible, and a monument to bad taste. :neutral_face:

My top 10 trucks over the last 30 + yrs, are as follows, and are all based on trucks that were well ahead of their time, (and also on my own personal priority these days…plenty of room to live in. :smiley:)

1.Ford Transcontinental…well ahead of it’s time compared with it’s competitors.

1. Volvo 88…never had one, but my dream motor when I started, always looked like a proper truck imo.

3.Scania 143…best pulling truck I’ve had, it just used to ‘hang on’ and never ceased to amaze me.

4.DAF 2800 superspace…first ‘proper’ sleeper.

5.MAN Roadhaus…just liked the look of them.

6.Iveco Turbostar…another truck well ahead of it’s time, late 80s.

7.Scania Topliner …loved the bed in the roof, best night’s sleep in a truck ever…unless you came back to cab after a night out, and full sun roof had been left open in ■■■■■■■ rain. :blush:

8.MAN XXL…my favourite motor to live in for long European trips out

9.Renault Magnum…as above 2n.d favourite.

10.DAF Superspace…as good as 2 above tbh.

Would love a Longline, but I’m with ‘WhiteTruckMan’ on all the crap, and I’ve much better things to do in my life than spend it unpaid polishing some ■■■■ truck in my own time. :unamused:

Well-Jell:
You’ve took time out of your life to post that when you are clearly not interested.

Were you sat hoping somebody would come back with a negative post so you could actually use that? :smiley:
If he’s referring to that abortion of a cab interior :open_mouth: , what it ‘‘says about him’’ is he’s a good judge, and more than likely in a large majority… :smiley:

Tractor chassis that long will never be of all round use in this country, nor most of older Europe, towns roads and even modern premises designed without a thought to larger vehicles, let alone our country is already overpopulated, increasing by the day, more people crammed in so increasingly less space to move.

Personally wouldn’t want any of them (the longlines), apart from they look a trifle crass to my eyes i want a vehicle capable of doing my daily work, which none of the above extra long motors could manage at probably half the sites we visit because you’d never get the trailer near the tipping point, if you did the cab would be stuck out so far you’d bring the factory to a standstill re other lorry or fork truck movements.
I’d be quite happy with a day cab again, purely for the all round visibility they allow seeing as the usually come with a full size back window, and the often better turning circle they enjoy because a shorter wheelbase can be specced, my work doesn’t involve nights away and i don’t take siestas during the day.

I remember years ago when Mack had a stand at the Olympia commercial show, reports in the trade press stated their bonneted tractor hadn’t the maneuverabilty to get its trailer onto the stand, as i recall they had to borrow a Daf to do the job then attach the Mack unit once in place, this is Britain and old continental Europe, not the USA/Australia, both comparatively new countries regarding town and highway infrastructure where space (and comparatively cheap land) allows mucho space for big vehicles not conducive to close maneuvers.

If you like that sort of thing more power to you, each to their own, hope you find a job where such a vehicle can be enjoyed.

This would do me a treat
autoworld.com.my/news/2019/01/29 … -malaysia/

one of those longlines wouldn’t get around the 1st bend in our yard!

1 ERF EC14 525

2 ERF E14 465

3 ERF EC15 550

4 Seddon Atki Strato 14 litre

5 Foden 4000

6 Iveco Turbo star 17 litre

7 Pacific

8 International T line

9 Scania 142

10 Mack

robroy:

Well-Jell:

Were you sat hoping somebody would come back with a negative post so you could actually use that? :smiley:
If he’s referring to that abortion of a cab interior :open_mouth: , what it ‘‘says about him’’ is he’s a good judge, and more than likely in a large majority… :smiley:

Yes, because i plan threads and replys to posts in advance, before the post has been posted, i use my crystal ball to see what people are going to say before they say it.

Fair enough he could have been talking about the inside of the cab now i give it more thought, but to me it seemed like it was the thread he was talking about.

Maybe if he posted more than 2 words we would have all been clear what it was he was talking about by now.

Well-Jell:

robroy:

Well-Jell:

Yes, because i plan threads and replys to posts in advance, before the post has been posted, i use my crystal ball to see what people are going to say before they say it.

Maybe if he posted more than 2 words we would have all been clear what it was he was talking about by now.

Ok, calm down mate. :neutral_face:
youtu.be/7syJJrsmrts

dave docwra:
Ninth one down for me, could go and make some good money with that.

Ime with you mate, could make a fortune towing them in after have suffered an electrical fault.

That Longline may be ok for an owner/driver who lives in the wagon for months and can pick his loads and where he goes but even over here we have tractors that are too long for everyday haulage. :open_mouth:

I’d lurrrrve that motor. :sunglasses:
Be able to do ■■■■ all with it, but think of the parties. :laughing: