Your tacho as a timesheet

Having a slight problem with agency over short pay. They usually go by what you say as hours worked, after checking with client. In this case to resolve problem they want to see tachos. 1st time this has happened.
So moral here is get your chart in as soon as you turn up at the job. Problem could be if it’s a digi with no paper :frowning:

It’s the 1st and last thing I always do, I always have done just in case of query.

Some agency jobs I’ve had you’ve been waiting around for a couple of hours before you found out what truck your gonna drive. Luckily they were timesheet jobs. :smiley:

Except for the odd agy shift I’ve usually been employed on a regular vehicle basis.

I’ve never had it queried on this job but there’s only a few of us and we’re paid weekly, but when I was just a number and got monthly paid it was handy then to prove my hours.

Gordy:
Some agency jobs I’ve had you’ve been waiting around for a couple of hours before you found out what truck your gonna drive. Luckily they were timesheet jobs. :smiley:

Do a manual entry showing the time you started work, then have other work or POA shown manually until you get your truck.

Kenny1975:

Gordy:

Do a manual entry showing the time you started work, then have other work or POA shown manually until you get your truck.

Good advice :smiley:

Depends on the company but if your doing agency for bigger companies who are very strict with their tachographs and drivers hours will find they will prob want you to mark your card EDR (end daily rest), SDR (start daily rest) etc…

Smaller companies won’t care.

No idea if its a legal requirement or not, need someone like Coffeeholic to say but i guess if you sit about for 3 hours without a truck, thats three hours work can work max another 12 hours. But if you ain’t marked down manually you started three hours before, suppose in theory you could then go work for 15 hours on the card and your tacho will look clean.

Not that i would advice doing somthing like that, for various reasons not worth the fine and most companies wouldnt pay you over 15hours anyways because then they are paying you for running bent.