Your private email address's are available to all and sundry

Someone told me that my weblog was the first thing that came up on Google when a search was done using my name, I had a look and true enough it was.
I then had a look at Yahoo, I put my name up “Slackmack” and guess what came up■■? My email address, courtesy of trucknetuk.com.

Ok it is my spam address which I use for registration purposes, but never the less is there anyway that you can block the search engines from searching your files to prevent others who really wouldn’t appreciate their email address’s being made available to all and sundry? :open_mouth:

Your e-mail address that came up is from the OLD forums…
I have checked and you had NOT chosen to make your e-mail private in your profile on the old boards… if you had it would not have been picked up by Google.

Your e-mail address on these forums is private, because all e-mails sent from this board are sent using our own SMPT server rather than using your e-mail programme

That made me think.
I was wondering where all this unexpected and promised wealth from Nigeria was coming from.

I must be the most honest trustworthy and well known internet user in Africa cos all my emails say so. :stuck_out_tongue:

I get daily letters from the manager or chairman of nearly all the banks you can name and some you cant offering me my inheritence

I have started forwarding them to each other :smiley:

Thanks for clearing that up Rikki, as said its my spam address so I’m not really bothered. I was just suprised and thought I’d inform you and Trucknetuk members.