Youngs Transport

Another one this week was North West Cargo, their 20 wagons all off road now.
There’ll be more next week I’m sure

EDIT here’s another one from this week, AAD Transport, 40 wagons running out of four operating centres across Scotland.

You need a login for Motor Transport, but its a decent source of info

And there was another one in Monday

Bridge time with in the last 6 months brought some new Renaults tractor units as well :confused:

Think you’ll find Zac, that North West Cargo were part of Youngs.

1 Like

Yep 100% right , ."……….

I’ll take your word for it, its not my neck of the woods, I’m just repeating what was in the press release from one fo the industry press websites

Don’t think so as has been said, are you possibly thinking of Turners buying out McIntyre or Jack Richards? As that is the only 2 companies I know they own by double checking on their website.

You’ve forgotten Gold star containers as well
Plastered all over their newer truck Turners gold star
Also hold part stake in DRS containers

Turners own far more than that, look here
The link is a Google search and it goes on and on.

Turners have their hands in too many firms
Goldstar
MacIntyre
Jack Richards
MKT
Dowse
DRS
Lynn Star

Aye tbh now you all mention them I do remember seeing various companies in turners livery now. I did look on their website but could only see reference to the 2 I listed. Obviously didn’t look hard enough or Google enough.

Mind I tend to close my eyes rightly ot wrongly whenever I see a turners lorry :joy::joy::joy:

Blockquote
You take your eyes off a turners lorry are you mad :dizzy_face:

No but closing your eyes helps with things that scare you :joy::joy: if you can’t see it, it isn’t there and doesn’t exist :joy:

Does that work on here with some as wel,

Probably not :joy: It doesn’t always help but sometimes it brings peace and tranquility to an otherwise crazy ■■■■■■■ world.

That was Goldstar mate…

It’s not taken the government long to start growing rail-freight. The inland iport rail terminal near Doncaster is being doubled in size with more storage capacity, more trains from it’s currant 800 acre site & will be completed in 2025. https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2024/04/multi-million-pound-upgrade-begins-at-yorkshire-freight-terminal.html