Young women trying to pass hazard perception test

hi i am new to this sight . i am a 23 year old women and i am trying to pass the hazard perception side of the theory tests. i am getteing 35 out of 35 on the questions but just cant get to grips with the hazard perception part and need help. someone has told me i am to fast for the machine and clicking to soon. and some one else has said i amclicking to late. HELP. i have got the roadsense cd rom but still not making any difference please help!

Welcome to Trucknet cnewman
I have been told you have to wait a sec before clicking when you see a hazard!
But I have never done the test!
I am sure those that have will be passing on some timely tips soon
watch this space! :smiley:

Like thecritic I have never done the test, & so its only hear say & bad memory, but I seem to remember something about clicking untill it registers.

Sorry that was should have included. Welcome to TruckNet.

Welcome to TruckNet UK, again I’m another who has never had to do the test but I do recall reading that if you click too many times you get penalised they seem to reckon you are just guessing then rather than spotting the hazard.

The help you have been offered has nothing to do with the fact your a Young Woman!! its because your a wanna be trucker! :wink: :smiley:

I was one of the early takers of the hazard perception bit about 18 months ago, the way I approached it was by thinking defensively. ie would the action that happened cause me to react if it was in real life. even if it meant just lifting off the accelerater for a second, then I would click, then click again if the situation developed further. FWIW I also got 35/35 on the questions (so feel very smug about that :laughing: ) and 65/75 on hazard perception.
good luck with it all, you know you can do it!!

Last I heard a bunch of advanced driving instructors I know started calling the Hazard Perception test the Hazard Deception test :unamused: . For cars at least. I bet the HGV one ain’t far off. Good luck with your efforts. Don’t give up :wink: .

No good advice in their I know, but I hope it helps some :confused: .

Cheers

Ian.

Welcome to Trucknet, :laughing: I haven’t sat that test either but I’m sure the others will be along soon.

hi cnewman,

first off welcome to trucknet…the only place to be for truckers and wannabe truckers :wink: :laughing:

i took the hazard perception test a couple of months ago, there is not any advice you can really give on this…i bought the roadsense dvd and played with it on my pc and was only scoring on average 2-3 on each clip. but on test got 65 outta 75 when i actually did the test.

when you actually take the test, you really do have to sit at the desk and pretend you are behind the wheel of a car or truck in this case. as the clips play you just have to react how you would in a veichle. i think the worst thing you can do is try to prempt when you think you should click the mouse. all you have to remember is that the test definition of a hazzard is something that is going to cause you to alter or change your speed or direction.

you are probably aware that clicking the mouse like you are playing on a games console will just end the clip with no points…and if you want to be a lorry driver you have to get at least 50 points on that section. when i clicked on the mouse in my test, i watched the hazzard arise and then clicked when i thought i would react to the situation on the road behind the wheel.

i know this aint great advice, but it is important to react how you would if you were behind the wheel. trying to guess when you should click could result in multiple clicking and the clip stopping, or clicking to early or too late and gettin really low score. but i wish you luck and hope you do well…it isn’t as daunting as it sounds, you will be amazed how the staff at the test centre put your mind at ease, you will also before your test be given an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the test before you go in,then you can relax and do the test with as little worry as possible.

P.S. to the bigone…the hazzard perception test is the same for cars,buses and lorries. only the multiple question test is divided into different sections mate :wink: :laughing:

:slight_smile: hi thanks to everyone for giving me some good advice and some much needed encurigment. because of this advice i have booked another theory test for next week. it seamed like everything that could go wrong has for me so far trying to get my class 1 licence. but because of your surport i will hopefully get back on track as i have wanted to do this for so long. and being a single mum i have been putting my life on hold. but i know now that this is the right time for me to get out their and start achieving my goals. thanks again to everyone who took their time to reply.

Thecritic:
The help you have been offered has nothing to do with the fact your a Young Woman!! its because your a wanna be trucker! :wink: :smiley:

Speak for yourself :laughing: Hello! ding! dong! :laughing: Welcome to trucknet. Can’t help you with the test, as I am really old and only had to drive a truck without squashing a load of cones to pass. Couldn’t understand the relevance of that until I had to drive a truck along a contra flow and it all made sense.
Maybe being a truck hazard awareness test it has young women dressed in skimpy clothes driving a convertible beside you :open_mouth: and you are failing to react, you could ask for the version with the Diet Coke man, rugby team and Fireman’s calendar. :smiley:

P.S. Good Luck with the next test, I’m sure you’ll do ok! :wink:

I want to see the PSV hazard awearness test then muckles. When driving for the local company a few years ago the Friday / Saturday late evening buses were a real hazard to drive, anyone who had worked late would get changed on there way into the city if the bus was empty.
As for the back seat action, have you ever wonderd why buses have such good interior rear view mirrors ?. Then you have the logo’s on T shirts, a large chested 14 year old showing were she works can fill your vision very easily.

Okay, I’m a bit late again, Iknow… But Welcome to TruckNetUK cnewman

I, again, havent had the pleasure. :open_mouth: of taking the hazard perseption, but from all accounts it is hard… so dont be put off with your fail…

And this is the place to get all the healp, and encouragement that you will ever need to get through your tests… It helped me… and look, I work them now… LOL…

Everyone on here will help you out, no matter what your problem… So if you have any questions or queries… Just let us know…

Welcome again…

margatemafia:
hi cnewman,

P.S. to the bigone…the hazzard perception test is the same for cars,buses and lorries. only the multiple question test is divided into different sections mate :wink: :laughing:

Doh :unamused: :unamused:

Hi cnewman, Welcome to TruckNetUK.

Did you check out the link from this thread? It looks useful to me, but like most of the others I haven’t done the test either.