Young driver scheme - a plea for help guys come on

Hi guys

Unfortunately at my age I do not fall into this category…but I am posting on behalf of a mate a 16 yr old who is extremely keen to get into the industry depsite some of the posts here saying how bad it is. His enthusiasm and drive is enough to convince me this chap has the determination to see it through to passing his test and becoming a model driver.

We sit here and moan about the driver shortage, working conditions and pay…perhaps we could do something good with our time.

Anyone out there know on the grape vine of any large companies running this scheme. Maybe you could ask at your repsective empoyers and see what they say.

This chap lives in NI but as we all know large logistics providers also reside in that neck of the woods.

Any help to give a young chap a leg up in the industry that we all wish we could/would have had appreciated.

Cheers all

Liam

hi liam why don’t you try this lot out and they are based in your neck of the woods.good luck.

4ni.co.uk/listing.asp?cat=70 … 8&level1=8

i wish the young lad all the best and hope he gets what he’s after :wink: :wink:

Cheers kitkat I shall inform the relevant parties :slight_smile:

Anyone Help ■■ :unamused:

dont know if they have a depot over the water but this company trains young drivers i,m sure ive seen something to the effect some where.

ROBERT WISEMAN
they have depots all over the place. might be worth a try.

ty :smiley: is there a site to Robert ?

Best of luck to you Ross.I am also hoping to enrole onto the Young Drivers Scheme.
If you go onto www.careersinlogistics.co.uk and go down the page and click on Find An Employer, it comes up with a new page and if you type Northern Ireland in the search it comes up with 2 results, it might be worth giving them a ring, hope this helps :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I would start by asking local driving agencies or colleges, what, if any schemes they have running… If that fails you could try the government www..

I signed up with ‘Driver-hire’ as a 7.5 tonner ,and they offered me the free ‘Government training scheme’ for my C2 without any prompting… They did it in conjuction with a local college, as the ‘free’ one entails a college couse aswell, altho that’s no bad thing for a newbie

Another agency has just sent me on my C1 test… Again for free (after 2years anyway)…

HTH’s

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the help peeps …maybe this is the onli option i have to get the license army.mod.uk/rlc/rlc_ta/index.htm

I was looking for information on this a while back, but all I got was confusing answers. I was told you had to be employed by the company before going for the Class 2/1 - so if your like me, Currently in another job then your stuck.

So whats the easiest way to get the license under this scheme? then get reliable work?

Im hoping to hang up my PCV license for good, Pay rates are crap!

Daniel… There’s nothing saying you can’t register with an agency (second employer) and have a full time non-driving job aswell… !!!

I’d only done two short trips for driver hire before they offered me the training, and I haven’t done a single job for them since… !!

They get their money back after you complete the college course (iirc it doesn’t matter if you don’t pass the actual driving test) so everyone is a winner and they don’t care if you work for them or not…!!

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

nah been looking bout and nothing really happening :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: