You shop we drop. tesco truck crash

saw this earlier today. it was by j30 of the m25 .
if you had been going clockwise, its where you’d come off at 30, then at the roundabout, you’d go straight over, as if too either re join the m25, or slip off for thurrock services.

at some point here, it all went wrong, and the artic appears too have crashed through the barriers and plunged off the road, into the fields 50ft below, the fields that normally flood, and have all the horses and cows in them.

when i went by, the whole lot, unit and trailer, was in mid air, as they were craning it it back onto the carriageway for recovery.
saw something on a local news website, apparently it happened last night approx 11-1130pm, don’t know the cause, but it said the driver was trapped for 3 hours, until they could get too him, and cut him free. a miracle, then, after a 50ft plunge off the road, a spokesman, said the driver was shocked, but only suffered minor cuts and bruises, and should have been released from hospital earlier today.

great news that the driver is ok, i bet he can’t believe it himself.

Look on the bright side, at least thats one more Axor off the road. I drove one once and i wanted to throw it into a field too!

Seriously, glad the driver’s ok.

So a case of `WE SHOP and DROP ha ha

There are some cracking pictures of the recovery on an air display forum:

forums.airshows.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk … 11;t=49213

Hope the thread works.

MandatorV8:

Hope the thread works.

Flippin ell!

I bet the driver needs a new pair of pants after that, thats one powerful crane too!

Thanks for the link.

Little wonder the poor guy was shocked!!!

He was ‘LUCKY’ that it did not jacknife to the O/S :exclamation: - I don’t think the outcome would have been the same.

That looks like the crane driver has done that before :wink:

Although they seem to have a lot of faith in the fifth wheel jaws :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant pictures though.

DaiDap:
Look on the bright side, at least thats one more Axor off the road. I drove one once and i wanted to throw it into a field too!

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That driver sure was lucky to have survived such a nasty accident.

I didnt realise a wrecker could lift that much weight ,what would that weigh
roughly about 15 tons empty ■■ i know it has its stabilisers out but i would
imagine you would have to be careful not for the wrecker to get pulled over
whilst trying that lift ? impressive bit of kit.

Are there any drivers here that drive wreckers,out of intrest what can a
machine like that lift ? i know the closer the lift the more it can pick up
rather than stretching the boom.

DEANB:
That driver sure was lucky to have survived such a nasty accident.

roughly about 15 tons empty ■■ i know it has its stabilisers out but i would
imagine you would have to be careful not for the wrecker to get pulled over
whilst trying that lift ? impressive bit of kit.

Are there any drivers here that drive wreckers,out of intrest what can a
machine like that lift ? i know the closer the lift the more it can pick up
rather than stretching the boom.

It certainly is an impressive bit of kit. My mate operates a few wreckers but nothing on that scale. They can pull or winch but to lift a complete rig like that is quite spectacular.

I would worry about one of the supporting feet popping trough the bridge structure :open_mouth:

I think we have a couple of wrecker pilots on here, maybe they should do us a day in the life of diary

Holy moly thats some fall! :open_mouth: I hate going over those types of flyovers/bridges. Probably to do with my fear of heights :blush:

Glad he was ok though! There are many accidents that dont look “serious” and the driver/passengers have been killed and such like, then you get that sort of accident and think “hes a gonner” and then comes out with cuts and bruises! :smiley:

Definatly would have bought a lottery ticket that day :laughing:

Awesome pics…awesome vehicles…

Glad the driver is alive and “well” but those vehicles are cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

DEANB:
roughly about 15 tons empty ■■

The artics we take to Kosovo (6x2 unit, tri-axle curtainsider trailer) are approx. 16 tonnes empty.

Given that the driver “escaped” with only cuts and bruises, I wonder if he was wearing his seatbelt…

I’ll ask the guys in the garage tomorrow just how much that crane will lift :open_mouth:

I’ve seen it in the yard when it’s recovered one of our vehicles but I would never have thought it was capable of anything like that, Blimey :open_mouth:

Glad the driver is ok though :exclamation:

think tescos could be addin a few pence to goods to pay for that lot!!!
glad driver ok,miraculously…tho am glad the axor died! german vermin! :imp:

02.30am in redditch this morning(on the long drag out towards m42 jct 3)…same combination(tesco axor/blue curtainsider)…been jacknifed and curtain ripped open on drivers side(unit was wrecked)…it was parked up in a straight line with the hazards on and the driver thinking ‘i’m not going to enjoy making this call’… :open_mouth:

MandatorV8:

Hope the thread works.

thats the one, thats exactly as it was, when i went by, thanks for link.

i’m guessing it was albert road recovery, who did the job. they have a place, about 3 miles away from accident scene, and am pretty certain they have the police contract.
still amazed, that, the wrecker was capable of picking that lot up, from its resting place, that is an amazing piece of kit.

they are the latest generation of wreckers…rotators are a cross between a crane(the rotating part-instead of the older winch off the back type) and an underlift.
they’ll never catch on… :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

they come in different sizes(2/3 extensions on the boom and various weights upto 75 ton)…wessex seem to have the largest bohemoth (sorry paul :laughing: ).
on a 5 axle scania,and mcallisters another in the shape of a fm12…but all of the big boys are getting them now and praying for a job like this. :unamused:
that does look like a big lift though…i’d be stood well back from it…just in case someone else has to call ainscough to get the whole lot out of the field. :confused:

It wasnt Egertons yesterday but if you want to see some good photos, clicky clicky :wink: