You need to read this

i was speaking today to a driver from a firm he says and i qoute 'our firm now employs 15 drivers from poland its pays them 200 quid a week as they only get 100 in poland they love it and the reason the firm gets away with minimum wage is they also charge them 200 a week board coz they use they trucks to live in so they are paid 400 a week ’ i have the the firms name but i am not saying who they are but i know there is drivers from same firm on this site is this legal because this cant be the way we are going

Galaxian (dave)

Name and shame dave, name and shame

i would have thought that there was a legal issue with them “living in the cab”, hmmmmm there not exactly resting if there living in it■■?

Its all very well naming and shaming but another TN poster found out hearsay is not all its cracked up to be!!!

Be careful naming unless you are 110% that the info you have is correct! and you can prove it!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Otherwise you may find yourself in a deep pile of ■■■!!! as well as the bods of Trucknet who will have to spend all day trying to pull you out of it!

Did you read this■■?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5157

Galaxian you better believe it mate its happening right now and its happening fast , i was told by someone that NFT are training drivers in Poland at the minute, how true it is i dont know but I personally believe every word of it.

The above statement is made personally by myself, although it may be hearsay it does not bear any views of Trucknetuk.com, no malice or deformation of character is meant to any parties mentioned.

So now that you have read that is it true■■?, only time will tell i suppose.

I know at least 2 container firms within 5 miles of where \I live that are using polish drivers, thats for definate, i dont know what they pay them, i imagine its the same rate, but maybe they have toi pay rent as well?

Galaxian:
i have the the firms name but i am not saying who they are

Galaxian (dave)

There is absolutely no problem with you naming a company which employs Polish drivers, so feel free to do so.

Vince

If you could provide evidence of this practice of charging drivers rent for living in the cab, it may be worth it. There are laws on renting and this must break something in terms of facilities provided, Smoke alarm at the very least.
Also are deductions taken from thier wages before the £200 is taken from thier wages.
Workers from the new EU countries must registar to work in the UK within one month of arrival. This is so they can be given a National Insurance number.
I’m not anti other drivers coming to work here, but I don’t want to see them exploited and our job devalued.

Galaxian:
I was speaking today to a driver

Of course you were.

Galaxian:
they also charge them 200 a week board

Of course they do.

If you have any other fabricated stories to relate- for example, maybe eastern Europeans catch and eat swans from the Serpentine- please feel free to relate them here.

Vince

Vince, We all know the rumour mill that operates within driving circles, but sometimes these stories do have some truth. It happened round here with the Portuguese some were packed into rented houses paying extortionate rent for a broom cupboard and then exploited at work. When they complained they were told you are here illegally, so if you got the authorities they will send you back.

Last Sunday, I went to Dover Port Habour, I saw Lithunsia (LT) tractor pull the irish trailer (Caffery International), other i saw twice is Lativa (LV) pull the brits trailer (Laser International) they doing double manning lativian with lovely new red volvo FH12.

Transmec (Italian Company) I saw two Bulgaria Iveco tractor pulls transmec trailers! and Harry Vos (Dutch company) they have bought Euroad (Poland) company but now most Harry Vos are use poland plates and polish driver with new/some old MAN - new livery of Vos Logistic. RH Freight use Estonian drivers and tractor Mercedes Estonia plate

Now, became more worse eastern european invade to UK work :unamused:

Blimey Vince :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hope i don’t upset you :smiley:

Toytown:
Blimey Vince :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hope i don’t upset you :smiley:

I can`t see anywhere where you have contributed to this thread before now.so how you could have upset me is a bit of a mystery. Anyway, nothing upsets me!:D:D:D

That Magnum looks fantastic- I have been so busy working that I have not had enough time to read even 5% of the threads on TruckNet

Does the Magnum have its own dedicated thread? I am seriously thinking of doing a similar project myself…

Vince

I hear a lot of this “I was speaking to someone” or “they say” I never actually meet any of these actual people, it’s the same the world over.
You get an accident over here that soon grows from a minor shunt to ‘They say at least two are dead’, ‘they say a chopper is comming to lift all the dying’
They say that company employs Mexicans for half the normal pay’
‘They say Canadians do this, Canadians do that’
Never listen to hearsay, find out the facts before you spread gossip :exclamation:

muckles:
, our job devalued.

Its got to be valued before it can be devalued and i dont think i have ever heard anyone see truck drivers as an assett we are only seen as a pain in the rectal area by most people…

Vince:
If you have any other fabricated stories to relate- for example, maybe eastern Europeans catch and eat swans from the Serpentine- please feel free to relate them here.

Vince

Calm down Vince,it’s just a bit of fun! :laughing:

I have also heard that NFT is looking into Polish Drivers.
Apparently, Wincanton who run Woolworths at Swindon already have them.

KW:

er, a new R reg VW camper?

hey vince do you know me ? i dont think so or you wouldnt have said above i have no need to tell stories i know this aint the only firm in uk doing this but like i said at beginning is this legal that was my question i didnt ask you to beleive me story so unless you can answer what i asked dont make silly comments i could put the drivers name on here and the name of the firm but why should i have too but as i know the driver personally i dont think i will and as he doesnt have access to the internet and as he asked me if its legal i thought i would ask here

rant over

thanks for everyone else who answered :slight_smile:

Galaxian (Dave)

jammymutt:

muckles:
, our job devalued.

Its got to be valued before it can be devalued and i dont think i have ever heard anyone see truck drivers as an assett we are only seen as a pain in the rectal area by most people…

I agree with that, but I couldn’t think of better words to use.

Galaxian:
I think the charging of rent for staying in a truck might be legally dodgy. There are tenency laws etc. but this is really a matter for a legal mind. This is where Unions should be earning thier subs.