You lot dont get this about fuel

If you dont do something about it jobs will vanish more rapidly than they are at the moment. The country be be run by DHL and Stobart, why ? Because they buy fuel on the open market. They build price increases into there contracts and are covered. Its the smaller haulier that doesnt get the increase because the large hauliers you sub off dont pass it on !!

Also the EC wanted a level playing field on fuel tax, and wanted to set a barrel rate for all member countries Gordon Brown refused, then think of this

we have the highest insurance in the uk
we have the strictest laws
the highest fuel duty
the least holidays
worst MSA`s

Also what happened to the reporter from the Tonight program, he was here looking for information but the minute he was asked to look at fuel and the dying road haulage industry he vanished, then the Lord Atlee reply to Limeyphil, " The House of Lords are not Interested"

Well ladies and gentlemen I will keep plugging away and hope it might eventually get through.

Stop scaremongering. Trucks will still be needed for just about everything.

Instead of being so negative, look at the positive. As jobs go, companies will want to keep hold of their better drivers, yes? God only knows there are literally tons of very bad drivers out there.

So, it will encourage the poor drivers to sharpen up a bit, and improve their act thus raising the overall profile of truck drivers all over and making us seem more professional. If they don’t sharpen up, they’re probably going to be out. Good!

So, maybe the fuel prices are just what we need to start raising standards and is a blessing in disguise. I know the recent fuel prices have given me an awareness I never had and as a result I have altered my driving style for economic driving, not so much for performance, and good job too, it has raised my esteem.

Ezydriver, what planet are you on or are you union official !!! I cant believe your reply you agree with fuel increases !!!

paul@midway:

You really are a silly little man aint you paul .

ezydriver:
So, it will encourage the poor drivers to sharpen up a bit, and improve their act thus raising the overall profile of truck drivers all over and making us seem more professional. If they don’t sharpen up, they’re probably going to be out.

:open_mouth: :confused: I wish, they might be more likely to keep any drivers willing to work for less money, even more so as fuel goes up, as a lot of companies don’t seem to want quality drivers. They appear to just want bums on seats and pay as little as possible. As we know, that’s not a good recipe for getting good drivers. I would dearly like to see that change though, of course.

Lets put anotherf spin on this. at the current rate that fuel is increasing at, pretty soon a lot of people wont be able to afford to run a car.

How do us truckers get to work ? Yes you guessed it … NOT in a truck , we have to use other transport , be it a car / van whatever, it uses fuel. yes trucks will still be needed, but who’s gonna drive em if we cant get into the yard to get to work ?

The whole economy will collapse as soon as people start getting priced out of their cars. Meaning no more shopping trips to Merry Hill and the likes. maybe not even the local supermarket, meaning people will have to shop on the local high street / local shops (oh dear they pretty much all closed down as they cant get to work themselves). You catch my drift ?

Something needs to be done soon, before its too late . are we gonna continue to let Gordon Brown ■■■■ all over the country ? Im certainly not. However should the country go down the pan i do have an escape route. Im dual nationality , and can move to canada tommorow if i chose to.

Time to stop burying our heads in the sand , thinking ‘this doesnt affect me atm, if i keep my head down it will all blow over’ time to open your eyes im afraid, it wont blow over.

DAFMAD:

ezydriver:
So, it will encourage the poor drivers to sharpen up a bit, and improve their act thus raising the overall profile of truck drivers all over and making us seem more professional. If they don’t sharpen up, they’re probably going to be out.

:open_mouth: :confused: I wish, they might be more likely to keep any drivers willing to work for less money, even more so as fuel goes up, as a lot of companies don’t seem to want quality drivers. They appear to just want bums on seats and pay as little as possible. As we know, that’s not a good recipe for getting good drivers. I would dearly like to see that change though, of course.

I have to agree with DAFMAD :slight_smile:
Companies are interested in profit - that is their job. to make money.
So. how are companies likely to offset high fuel prices :question:
I think they will look at cheaper labour. probably non-British, or using whatever legal methods they can to have the goods moved by non-UK hauliers.

ezydriver:
Trucks will still be needed for just about everything.

Quite correct, but WHO will move the goods :exclamation: :question:

ROG:
[
I

the profitable ones will do it by putting their rates up :wink:

Denis F:

ROG:
[
I

the profitable ones will do it by putting their rates up :wink:

And then leave themselves to be MORE easily undercut by overseas hauliers perhaps :question: :question:

BigJon:
Lets put anotherf spin on this. at the current rate that fuel is increasing at, pretty soon a lot of people wont be able to afford to run a car.

I don’t agree. It’s what the Government want us to do i.e. use our cars less because of the high price of fuel (and therefore bully us into using public transport) but in reality it won’t happen.

If you look at an average family and it expenses/outgoings there are plenty of ‘spends’ that will take the hit long before the car/fuel. I’d quote my family as an average ‘2.4 kids’ example. If we had to tighten our belts there are plenty of things that would go first; my gym membership, one of our two holidays abroad per year, one of my motorbikes and even (if desperate enough) my Sky HD full package!!! The car, and the use of it, would be much further down the list.

I beleive that the fuel increases hurts the economy (by the above mentioned cuts in spending) far more than it protects the environment and certainly much much mnore than it promotes public transport as an alternative to the car.

The difficulty is in making this short-sighted tax grabbing government realise how far off the mark they really are.

:open_mouth: Phew!! That was almost a RANT!!! :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

ezydriver:
Stop scaremongering. Trucks will still be needed for just about everything.

Instead of being so negative, look at the positive. As jobs go, companies will want to keep hold of their better drivers, yes? God only knows there are literally tons of very bad drivers out there.

So, it will encourage the poor drivers to sharpen up a bit, and improve their act thus raising the overall profile of truck drivers all over and making us seem more professional. If they don’t sharpen up, they’re probably going to be out. Good!

So, maybe the fuel prices are just what we need to start raising standards and is a blessing in disguise. I know the recent fuel prices have given me an awareness I never had and as a result I have altered my driving style for economic driving, not so much for performance, and good job too, it has raised my esteem.

You shouldn’t be taking those hallucinogenic substances while you’re driving.

willie_mac:
If you dont do something about it jobs will vanish more rapidly than they are at the moment. The country be be run by DHL and Stobart, why ? Because they buy fuel on the open market. They build price increases into there contracts and are covered. Its the smaller haulier that doesnt get the increase because the large hauliers you sub off dont pass it on !!

Also the EC wanted a level playing field on fuel tax, and wanted to set a barrel rate for all member countries Gordon Brown refused, then think of this

we have the highest insurance in the uk
we have the strictest laws
the highest fuel duty
the least holidays
worst MSA`s

Also what happened to the reporter from the Tonight program, he was here looking for information but the minute he was asked to look at fuel and the dying road haulage industry he vanished, then the Lord Atlee reply to Limeyphil, " The House of Lords are not Interested"

Well ladies and gentlemen I will keep plugging away and hope it might eventually get through.

You have started a new thread on this same subject virtually every day for the past 3 weeks :angry: . If it bothers you that much why don’t you get off you arse and do something about it instead of constantly whinging to everyone on this site about it?

I’m sick to death of hearing you play the same record over and over again. The prices will never come down so just ■■■■■■■ deal with it like we’re all having to do. :angry:

well im gonna do my bit for the economy..........im gonna start running my car on RED…as its a lot cheaper…i wont have to use one of those high smoking, air polluting,low taxed, buses…i know…i know…but i`ll take the risk…

i will cut down on my bottled water intake and put the savings into the tank first. have you seen the price of bottled water per litre :open_mouth:

jon

DAFMAD:

DAFMAD I absolutely agree. Companies are more likely to get rid of the good drivers as they will be expecting to be paid good rates. Next year will see an influx of Bulgarian and Romanian drivers. All those guys currently piloting Willi Betz trucks around in dodgy track suits and flip-flops will be coming to a firm near you.

I go to firms now and apart from the Transport Manager and the office staff, I am the only person speaking English. That surely can’t be right can it? Where have all the British drivers gone?

The future for trucking in this country is that all the permanent drivers will be from outside the UK on low pay, or British drivers desperate enough to take the kind of salary one could get stacking shelves in ASDA.

It will also lead to a growth in employment agencies who supply drivers and strangely enough, working for an agency will be seen as a top job as the pay will be the best in town, even if the work isn’t guaranteed.

Well, when I see a bus I can take from here to Avonmouth at 3am, I’ll fall over with a heart attack and die… It won’t happen, and it never will. Most industrial estates are just too badly served by public transport to be worth trying to take a bus there, and it’ll be miles from any tram or train stop, bank on it.
And what does this leave? Pushbikes and cars/motorbikes. I can’t ride a push bike 25 miles up big hills and be fit to drive a wagon (or do any other kind of work) in any sensible time. Which leaves me needing a car. If I can’t afford to drive to work, then work isn’t paying enough, and i’ll go on the dole thanks.

Ooops sorry, that 25 miles is direct up the M5, cant take a bike up there, make that nearer 40 to go round the other way…

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Not really. It’s the same old ■■■■ every day , the same old ■■■■ drivers in RDC’s go on about every day . Sick of hearing about it . You look on here and wille man here has a bout 2 threads a day going on it …

You know something … some people just don’t care , because they know nothing can be done about it .The government will never lower taxes , get it into your heads . If you try to force them to they will have you locked up and probably have the local commisioner have your HGV entitlement away as well .

They haven’t got me scared , I just don’t ■■■■■■■ care …

Every night I walk into work at least 3 or more will be sat there whinging like ■■■■■■■ about the same old thing , night after night , and expect you to join in and take an interest …
I don’t care …

I’m in the industry to make money , I work and get paid . It’s easy money . The last thing I need ie listening to whinging ■■■■■■■ because life is too short and there is better things to do …

The spam pic is for humour , but obviously some drivers can’t see it because they are wound up that tight .
Do you moaning ■■■■■■■■ not realise that the people around you are sick to death of hearing it !!!

paul@midway:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Not really. It’s the same old [zb] every day , the same old [zb] drivers in RDC’s go on about every day . Sick of hearing about it . You look on here and wille man here has a bout 2 threads a day going on it …

You know something … some people just don’t care , because they know nothing can be done about it .The government will never lower taxes , get it into your heads . If you try to force them to they will have you locked up and probably have the local commisioner have your HGV entitlement away as well .

They haven’t got me scared , I just don’t [zb] care …

Every night I walk into work at least 3 or more will be sat there whinging like ■■■■■■■ about the same old thing , night after night , and expect you to join in and take an interest …
I don’t care …

I’m in the industry to make money , I work and get paid . It’s easy money . The last thing I need ie listening to whinging ■■■■■■■ because life is too short and there is better things to do …

The spam pic is for humour , but obviously some drivers can’t see it because they are wound up that tight .
Do you moaning [zb] not realise that the people around you are sick to death of hearing it !!!

Interesting post which I have to agree with. I can think of at least three drivers who, night after night, whinge constantly about the same things over and over. Its never going to be a perfect world, and even if it was…they’d be whinging about that.

I just glaze over when I talk to them, or remind them that they’re “whinging again”, but they still don’t get the message.

Good post Paul I couldn’t agree more.

Even if the government did lower fuel prices from some mass petition, all that would happen is that they’d stick double on the next rise.

The bottom line is either put up and shut up and go and live in another country where you feel you’d be better off. I really can’t abide whingers who continually moan about stuff but aren’t prepared to do anything about it.

Just ■■■■■■■ deal with it yeah or phone the Samaritans or something :angry: . They’re paid to listen to people that can’t sort themselves out and listen to them whinging on and on and on (a bit like I’m doing now… :unamused: ).