You have been warned SPEED CAMERAS

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4719516.stm

These “average speed” camera systems have been in use for a few months on roadworks, M1 in the Leicester area and M11 North of Stanstead are two examples I can think of right now.

I laugh when I see rep-mobile slow down at the cams then speed up again when he thinks its clear :wink:

Has anyone noticed how nearly all roadworks are now at 40mph
its like going in slow motion and it causees more near misses as everyone bunches up to each other

these SPECS are in permanent position between Northampton and Bedford on the A428. there are 3 sets of them :exclamation:

hallblade:
Has anyone noticed how nearly all roadworks are now at 40mph
its like going in slow motion and it causees more near misses as everyone bunches up to each other

If everyone is doing 40mph as they enter the speed limit, which is what you are supposed to do, there is no possibility of bunching up unless there is a vehicle doing less than 40mph ( these seem to be rare as rocking horse doo doo in road works nowadays ).

hallblade:
Has anyone noticed how nearly all roadworks are now at 40mph its like going in slow motion and it causees more near misses as everyone bunches up to each other

Even if I slow down I find everyone else still overtakes me at normal speed. It doesn’t seem fair :frowning:

I suppose they’ll get done themselves eventually.

What I don’t like is the ****** who come up behind me in 4x4s and flash their headlights when im in my own car cos I’m doing 40 and everything else is at the same speed but he wants to get in front :frowning:

Sorry. Rant over. I’ll go and calm down…

it’s like every speed camera you see.

ARE THEY WORKING OR NOT!!

I no quite a few that are dummys.

A couple that spring to mind are the ones on the A1 at Retford in the 50MPH zone

Mark

i have to say that i fully agree with the speed limit reduction through roadworks and i always stick to them providing there are roadworkers present. it is for their safety and i sure as hell wouldnt want cars whizzing past at 70 only a few feet away from me. it does annoy me when the limits are there for no apparent reason but when the guys are there, i always slow down and ride the white line on the offside going past them