You couldnt make it up

Here at TruckNet towers we are used to some strange calls- my favourite is" I cant remember my username, password or e-mail address- can you reset them all for me " :slight_smile: but had one today that really took my breath away

A request to post on the forums from a company relocating from London to Oxfordshire- and wants to take on some van drivers- but they may only have work for a couple nights, or may be able to keep them going for 10 or so- but no guarentees, they understand that drivers need to pay the bills so “cant they do other work during the day” and if we need them for the nights they can come in- I did point out this was illegal !!!
The next option was a cracker- “they don’t have to speak English” as we have a multi lingual person in the office - normally I would put this down as a wind up/bad troll but he didnt hide his phone number and a quick check shows this is a genuine company (albeit a recruitment company )

I have strongly suggested that they do not post on here as you lot will roast them- if they do post and you don’t roast them I will be severely dissapointed

I’m champing at the bit, let me at it, sounds right up my alley does that.

Silver_Surfer:
I’m champing at the bit, let me at it, sounds right up my alley does that.

it ain’t the 1st yet so come on what’s the heads up on the user name PLEASE :smiley: :wink:
I promise I’ll be good :sunglasses:

I want to see there dodgy advert

Rikki-UK:
I have strongly suggested that they do not post on here as you lot will roast them- if they do post and you don’t roast them I will be severely dissapointed

If they do can we move it to the expats forum, I’ll make sure they play nicely :smiling_imp:

newmercman:

Rikki-UK:

If they do can we move it to the expats forum, I’ll make sure they play nicely :smiling_imp:

No but they might wish they were x pats after :wink:

Rikki-UK:
I have strongly suggested that they do not post on here as you lot will roast them- if they do post and you don’t roast them I will be severely disappointed

CBA.jpg

Bring it on fool! :slight_smile::):slight_smile:

If they wish to post then fine, I have made my views clear on agency’s, they are with very few exceptions the absolute scum of the earth and have played no small part in the decline in the working conditions of my fellow drivers.

They should be strictly controlled and legislation should be put in place that they can’t dodge (the AWR regs are a joke) and their use of the word “recruitment” makes me want to puke they have no intention of doing anything of the sort.

Thieves criminals and liars.

^ this!! Many, many times this!!

mike68:
If they wish to post then fine, I have made my views clear on agency’s, they are with very few exceptions the absolute scum of the earth and have played no small part in the decline in the working conditions of my fellow drivers.

They should be strictly controlled and legislation should be put in place that they can’t dodge (the AWR regs are a joke) and their use of the word “recruitment” makes me want to puke they have no intention of doing anything of the sort.

Yep…

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO …NMM …im bored at the moment please put it on the expats section ,i promise to play nice :unamused: :unamused: …pretty please… or im off to Grunthal tae shovel snow of the stone pile!!!
jimmy!

mike68:

Parasites the lot of em

Just warming the oven up now

Sounds a dreamy place to work for … can’t wait … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think the later comments are a bit harsh considering that we here have a company who is seeking to recruit hard working individuals that will work on an ad hoc basis who are prepared to take on a second job and pay tax on that will help our economic recovery. The fact that it is an agency is a plus as it has to employ staff to run it who also pay tax to help our economic recovery. The need to speak English is a mere minor factor because in a few years time no one will have English as their native tongue so what the hell, … get in first!
Personally I applaud any enterprising entrepreneur who is prepared to give our under privileged immigrant work fellows the chance to better them selves by proving they can work harder than the indigenous people can and for less rewards thereby helping to keep the goods in the shops priced lower so that the unemployed native workers can afford them out of their benefits. :cry: :cry: :wink:

This reminds me of Al Murrey, the pub landlord

“I believe in equal pay, that’s why I let my female bar staff work longer hours so they can earn the same as the men”

Semtex:
This reminds me of Al Murrey, the pub landlord

“I believe in equal pay, that’s why I let my female bar staff work longer hours so they can earn the same as the men”

Classic :laughing: :laughing:

One of the funniest posts on the site in a long time