Yorkshire Livestock Haulage Companies

david howson man wagon is awsome so is the guy :smiley:

Truck Traveller:
Hi folks,

B. Howson & Son (Pontefract) - very tidy MAN.

Thanks to all the owners/drivers that give me a wave as they pass.

It’s a really great hobby, but to be honest I’ve always felt abit ackward taking photos at the side of the road :blush: , so thanks guys :smiley: .

Cheers

Simon

David Howson is some guy so is his man truck :laughing:

Anyway… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Grasby’s of Hull - Scania 164L 580 V8 - A168 Thirsk
Cheers
Simon

I first saw Grasby’s when a Super Comet turned up at Bolton on a Sunday afternoon around 1970, and we gave him a lift to unload. It was just as well we had decided to stay and wash out as the place was locked up till Monday morning although regulars had key.One of theirs parks alongside the A63,another one of very few left still on the go from the time of my youth.

Its Paul that parks on the side of the A63 it was him that rolled it last year in Lincolnshire.That 52 plate is tired now and as for the 54 plate well it looks daft with that chickens head on it.That Andy has spoilt it since Smithy got his new fh.I have done odd weeks days and nights for them and they are absolutely spot on but i get a better hourly rate doing bulk work.Got a couple of pictures of theirs i have driven on facebook

Hi folks,

I think this is a really tidy set up.

Ralph Pearson (Bradford) - Volvo FH16 610 - M62
Kind regards
Simon

Today’s photo.

J.C Lister Farms Ltd (York) - Scania R420 - M62
Cheers
Simon

Hi folks,

Today’s Anoraking :blush: :blush: :blush:

Chris Waite (Driffield) - Scania R620 V8 - M62
Kind regards
Simon

little bit different

theyre beautys joer, might wanna post these on model trucks?

feel free to pop em on there!!

truckfest 1 096.jpg

LONGTHORNE.jpg

joer580:
little bit different

And the closest versions I’ll get to drive - brmmm, brmmm, brmmm :wink:
Nice models Joer580!
Cheers

Judging by the colours , I think this M.A.N… V.W. must have been owned by Fred Greenwood & Son in its earlier life.
Truck Traveller ( Simon ) will no doubt supply the correct answer.

Photographed at the Limousin Cattle sale , Borderway Mart , Carlisle , earlier this year.

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Could have been David & Angela Blockleys. They have a herd of pedigree longhorn cattle. Dave has a fleet of recovery trucks and uses the same colour scheme as Fred Greenwood.

cattle wagon man:
Judging by the colours , I think this M.A.N… V.W. must have been owned by Fred Greenwood & Son in its earlier life.

Photographed at the Limousin Cattle sale , Borderway Mart , Carlisle , earlier this year.

Danscania:
Could have been David & Angela Blockleys. They have a herd of pedigree longhorn cattle. Dave has a fleet of recovery trucks and uses the same colour scheme as Fred Greenwood.

cattle wagon man:

Hi Danscania,
The herd name on the cab front is " Brontemoor Limousins " , and the name on the cab door
is J.M. & *.W. Priestly , Yorkshire .
Probably from Haworth , ( Bronte country ) area.

Hi Cattle wagon man,

It’s a 1988 VW 8136 (I think) that belonged to Fred Greenwood & Son. Nice spot and good photo.

Cheers

Simon

Truck Traveller:
Hi Cattle wagon man,

It’s a 1988 VW 8136 (I think) that belonged to Fred Greenwood & Son. Nice spot and good photo.

Cheers

Simon

This is ex Dave Blockley, now belongs to JM & SM Priestley of Denholme.

Guys, really sorry if I have got this one wrong :blush: :blush: :blush:
Perhaps FGS just ran the one VW - LT35 F356OLX■■?
I’ll just stick too taking photos :wink: :wink: :wink:

Fred Greenwood & Son - Volvo FH 500 - Otley

Cheers folks,
Simon

spicy:

Truck Traveller:
Hi Cattle wagon man,

Cheers

Simon

This is ex Dave Blockley, now belongs to JM & SM Priestley of Denholme.

The Leyland Boxer , reg. no. LJM 123 J , was brand new in July 1971.
It is photographed on the Orton to Appleby road in the summer of 1972 , and loaded with sheep.
The "co-driver " , shown standing by the side , is a friend from Belgium , who was staying with us on holiday.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.