Yorkshire agency required

The agency I’ve used for the last year has gone as quiet as a quiet thing.

Can anyone suggest an agency in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area who may have work for a newly qualified Class 2 driver?

Thanks, Rob

try www.yell.com ?

Give Top Gear a try, 01924 377170, Phil or Jane. I’ve been with them since September, 5 and 6 days per week regular.
Don’t know what thay’re paying class II though.

Also, try Flame Rec’t in Leeds, Darren, kept ringing me a couple of months ago wanting me to drive rigids for Marks & Spencer at Normanton, paying 8.75 hour.

Thanks Billy

Last week I registered with Drivertemps, Leeds. They seemed ok when I met them, very friendly " we always put the drivers first"!!! Was told they have never been this quiet at this time of year in the last five years. Now this is Class2 work I’m after mind you, I think they have some Class1 work with Terrys, York and the Tadcaster brewers trunking at the moment.

They rang me later to offer me multidrop 7.5 ton 20 drops for Kwikfit out of Normanton but time will tell if that was foolish but I said I’d wait for Class2 work…

I will make a note of the agencies you mentioned and give them a call if things don’t pick up, thanks again for your help.

Rob

You might wanna re-consider that multi-drop job…I worked for TNT a couple of years ago, they had the Michelin contract. Now I don’t condone fiddles, but every job has one, tyres are very lucrative indeed. Kwik Fit don’t do truck tyres like ATS for example however, if you were to ever get spares on your van, car tyres always go for 15 quid! Truck tyres upto 150quid!!!..So I was told!

Rob,

I started on class 2 with Protemp in Leeds centre. As most agencies, probably quiet at this time of the year but give them a whirl. Think the number is 0113 2454455 or something similar. Should find them in Leeds bell book. The staff have probably changed there since I was last with them (over 2 years ago). Don’t take less than £6/hr. Tell them you’ve got a months experience but just take it steady with the wagon you get and don’t prang it! Worked for me when I was a newbie; a few white lies are sometimes necessary to get where you want :stuck_out_tongue:

Failing that, give me mates at Able Recruitment a bell (Lionel & Richard, father/son outfit). Tell them I sent you (Rob Knapp) and that I’ve suggested that they may have some work for you with Royal Mail on class 2 at Whitwood. They were paying me £6.75/hr on class 2 a few years back so remind them of that !

Didn’t use anyone else on class 2 so that’s all I can suggest.

Let us know how you get on.

Rob,

Lionel and Richie!

Billy Sastard:
Rob,

Lionel and Richie!

I dont suppose they answer the phone “hello, is it me youre looking for” :wink:

Mal.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: