Yodel?

I have an interview at Yodel at Shaw this week, class 1 days.

Interview around 1 hr, don’t know whether that includes a driving assessment.

Any info on the company i.e. trucks, work, management, shifts.

Any info much appreciated :slight_smile:

daf1691:
Any info on the company i.e. trucks

Trucks should be good, capable of doing 56.

Pimpdaddy:

daf1691:
Any info on the company i.e. trucks

Trucks should be good, capable of doing 56.

Thanks for that,Have you drove for them?

daf1691:

No, been overtaken by them a lot…

Driving assessment will deliberately take you around a couple of tricky bits of road.

If you get Derek, he’ll warn you, the other guy won’t, but tbh, even with warning, I still clipped a kurb, and I’m no noobie - this should give you a clue on just how tricky that bit is.

I did a bit of agency in there, job was easy enough but management were terrible - however, I also have an interview this Friday and have been assured the office staff are all different and mostly ex-drivers now.

Works out ‘roughly’ 10 quid an hour +/-, job is a doddle, there’s a couple of customers where you might pump truck some really quite light pallets on, other than that, it’s sit and wait for them to load or trailer swaps.

Trucks were all clean MAN’s, trailers however were showing their age, swinging on a roller door is never fun.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Another ‘massive’ turnover of drivers firm, Yodel. That speaks volumes.

Easiest job youl ever do however watch out for the shunters think they are gods gift to a driving wheel

Pimpdaddy:

daf1691:

No, been overtaken by them a lot…

Nice input by a none driver again :unamused: :unamused:

seth 70:
Nice input by a none driver again :unamused: :unamused:

Thank you, get back to work…![emoji1]

New merks man’s and premium’s but alot of old xdhl heaps

Honestscott76:

I worked for White Arrow Express before the sell out to the barclay brothers (Littlewoods), the job was fantastic, guys been there 30 plus years then after the takeover the ts and cs changed many took redundancy,i stuck with it and was ok until they merged Littlewoods and Shop Direct then came the shutdowns all of the Worcester and Wigan depots were closed staff moral was very low. We in my time there were re branded from White Arrow to Reality to Hndl al in 5 years :open_mouth: :confused: managers came and went. The job is the same for the drivers now as before…But before you only could get in if somebody died or retired it was that good !!, no turn over of drivers what so ever. How times change :frowning:

Hodgy67:

Honestscott76:

I worked for White Arrow Express before the sell out to the barclay brothers (Littlewoods), the job was fantastic, guys been there 30 plus years then after the takeover the ts and cs changed many took redundancy,i stuck with it and was ok until they merged Littlewoods and Shop Direct then came the shutdowns all of the Worcester and Wigan depots were closed staff moral was very low. We in my time there were re branded from White Arrow to Reality to Hndl al in 5 years :open_mouth: :confused: managers came and went. The job is the same for the drivers now as before…But before you only could get in if somebody died or retired it was that good !!, no turn over of drivers what so ever. How times change :frowning:

Unfortunately it’s how big corporations operate these days. Everyone and everything is disposable, hourly rates of pay strictly controlled, and hours worked for that matter. Temporary contracts and self employment appear to be the future.

Hodgy67:

So many change of hands in such a short time, worrying…

Thanks for all the replies guys,

After two phone calls from different people & two texts, nobody got back to me with a time for the interview so their loss.

Seems like the left hand didn’t know what the right hand is doing!

We had a meeting at our place on Monday and we are getting a 3% rise across the board so I’ll stop where I am for the moment.

daf1691:
Thanks for all the replies guys,

After two phone calls from different people & two texts, nobody got back to me with a time for the interview so their loss.

Seems like the left hand didn’t know what the right hand is doing!

We had a meeting at our place on Monday and we are getting a 3% rise across the board so I’ll stop where I am for the moment.

Bonus…

I ended up getting an interview, very accommodating, I went after work in work gear - like 7pm - so no loss of earning to do the interview.

Not heard anything about the outcome though, so possibly unsuccessful.

keepthefaith:
Easiest job youl ever do however watch out for the shunters think they are gods gift to a driving wheel

I used to be a shunter there, I was a god!!! and still am.