Yet more advice needed!

Evening all, sorry to do this again but im after some advice about something that has just happened at work!

Im a multidrop driver working out of Hull, I do mainly York city centre and sometimes the surrounding area. This morning I had a drop at a place called Monkbar model shop which is within the city walls, I could have driven in and parked outside the shop but the wagon i drive is a 28 tonne DAF and I would have blocked the entire road whilst delivering. I decided to park up on the main road just outside the walls and drag the pallet round to the shop.

The majority of the drops I do means parking on double yellow lines to tip the load.

As I was returning to my wagon I was told that a warden was putting a ticket on my vehicle. I asked what for as I was on double yellows but was unloading, the warden pointed out a yellow marking on the pavement which meant that unloading was only allowed after 9.15am, the time I got the ticket was 9.10am!!

I rang my office and told them and carried on with my day.

Got back to the office about 5pm and took the notes and the ticket in to my boss who then started shouting at me about the ticket, i calmly explained what had happened and the yellow markings etc and he then asked me if I didnt know the highway code!! (I must admit I didnt know what these markings meant). I apologised for the ticket and then he said he was sick of me being sorry all the time and then told me I would be paying the ticket and not him!!

When I was on general haulage if we got a ticket we never paid for it.

1. What I want to know is, can he take the money from my wages without asking me?

2. Do I have to pay the ticket?

3. did i do the right thing by saying that I wouldnt be paying the ticket and then just leaving the office and not causing a scene??

any advice will be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks in advanceā€¦

Potter