yet another ..........

hours question as I understand it , drive 4.5 hrs take 45min break , drive 4.5 hrs take 45min break drive another hour . driving time = 9hrs working time = 10.5 hrs . the question is do I have to drive the second full 4.5hr stint before the 2nd break ? or could I for instance drive only 3.5 hrs ,take the break then drive for 2 hrs ? this would still give me the same driving / working hrs but make my (night) shift easier.

syramax:
hours question as I understand it , drive 4.5 hrs take 45min break , drive 4.5 hrs take 45min break drive another hour . driving time = 9hrs working time = 10.5 hrs . the question is do I have to drive the second full 4.5hr stint before the 2nd break ? or could I for instance drive only 3.5 hrs ,take the break then drive for 2 hrs ? this would still give me the same driving / working hrs but make my (night) shift easier.

You can take the breaks at any time as long as you don’t go over 4½ hours driving time before having a 45 minute break.

You don’t lose any driving time if you have the second break early, for instance you could drive for 3½ hours then have a 45 minute break, drive for another 3½ hours then have another 45 minute break, you could then drive for another 2 hours, or 3 hours on an extended driving day.

Whatever breaks you have and whenever you have them you still have 9 hours driving between daily rest periods, or 10 hours twice a week.

thanks for that , I wasn’t 100% , :smiley: