Yet Another WTD Question

G6Bob:
… should I have entered at least a minute of work before my first hour of P.O.A?

I do not see how you could not do if you were recording everything legally

lolipop:

F-reds:
In your example, because you went over 6 hours work you were due another 15 minute break at any point between 6 and 9 hours work. Except the end of the shift of course.

Over 6 hours, is 30 minutes, but can be split into 2 15’s but with 2nd 15 taken between the 6th and 9th hour at your leisure.

I maybe wrong and I will stand corrected but 30 minutes is to be taken in or upto the 1st 6 hours and NOT split into 2 x 15 as you say with the 2nd split between the 6 &9 at your leisure
otherwise that defeats the WTD 6 hour rule
The 30 mins can be split BUT it has to be within the 1st 6hours

Then consider yourself corrected - That’s simply not true. Who told you the whole 30 minutes had to be taken within the first 6 hours?

G6Bob:

Terry T:
Just a quick question. When you were on POA what were you actually doing ?

First hours P.O.A was waiting in the canteen for either a unit or my trailer to be loaded,

Err, no. First of all you would have to show other work as you went to the office and got told that it wasn’t ready/available so it woudl be expected to show at least 5 or 10 minutes.

PoA - did they tell you how long it would be? If you don’t know then you can only put down what you’d think it was going to be. If its longer than they told you or and any time after what you thought it would be then that is other work after that point so if they said “It’ll be half an hour” you can only legally put that half hour down as PoA.

Conor:
PoA - did they tell you how long it would be? If you don’t know then you can only put down what you’d think it was going to be. If its longer than they told you or and any time after what you thought it would be then that is other work after that point so if they said “It’ll be half an hour” you can only legally put that half hour down as PoA.

If say, you were told you will be loaded in half an hour and it turns out to an hour but in that half hour you were told it would be another half hour, would that extra half hour be other work or poa?

I don’t use poa as it doesn’t benefit me therefore I don’t know much about it.

Conor:

G6Bob:

Terry T:
Just a quick question. When you were on POA what were you actually doing ?

First hours P.O.A was waiting in the canteen for either a unit or my trailer to be loaded,

Err, no. First of all you would have to show other work as you went to the office and got told that it wasn’t ready/available so it woudl be expected to show at least 5 or 10 minutes.

Yeah I realize this now after ROG pointed it out, although 5-10 mins is a bit much, Walk in, clock in, “Whats happening?”… “■■■■ up mate looking at a hour behind” is usually how it goes, then straight up the canteen to use the wi-fi.

Usually they do give a rough estimate, the office staff usually say, 2 - 3 hours behind, and they just phone us when our run is ready whether it be what they said or not.

jobseeker:

Conor:

If say, you were told you will be loaded in half an hour and it turns out to an hour but in that half hour you were told it would be another half hour, would that extra half hour be other work or poa?

I don’t use poa as it doesn’t benefit me therefore I don’t know much about it.

The whole hour could be POA. At the start of the first half hour, you have been told how long the wait will be. So that’s POA

Before the start of the second half hour, you were told how long the wait would be, so that’s also POA.