Yet another show question!

This is a serious question, if yr not into truck showing, please refrain from answering with childish comments, thank you.

In the run up to show season i’ve been putting in over time on Mr Vain, some refurb work, some updates. But a lot of hours invested all the same. Hours that i’m proud of investing. (i’m rambling now!) Anyway, my question is,

Is it me? You arrive at a show, time and money invested, yr proud of yr outfits turn out, then you go for a walk round. Suddenly you doubt that all yr time and effort was enough! Yr motor looks like a shed in comparrison to others!

IS IT ME■■?

I wouldnt really know Rob, but I’ll let you know when I go for a walk round on the Saturday.

Rob, I remember last year when I had a brief meeting with you at Pboro, Yours looked pretty ■■■■ good mate,
but I know what you mean. I was going to enter mine into best “working” rigid, but one or two of my collegues said not too bother cos certain companies tend to enter their low mileage clean trucks. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I know mate, i’m not too bothered really,but i enjoy getting it ready, just dread the sinking feeling!! I’ll be there with my old high mileage motor! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clarky:
but I know what you mean. I was going to enter mine into best “working” rigid, but one or two of my collegues said not too bother cos certain companies tend to enter their low mileage clean trucks. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

A Crowsons potato flatbed rigid won best of show some years ago and that was deffo a fairly high mileage working rigid

MR VAIN:
I know mate, i’m not too bothered really,but i enjoy getting it ready, just dread the sinking feeling!! I’ll be there with my old high mileage motor! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jeeeeeeeez great mate,you wanna see the actros :blush: :open_mouth: it’s had one previous “i couldn’t give a **** type owner”,it’ll make you feel a whole lot better…garunteed my friend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

been there rob hundreds of times and know what you mean, you spend weeks getting it ready and when you look round you think why oh why did i bother hoefully old pal you get something at peteboro, you deserve it mate

as long as you are proud of your truck and what you do to it then it doesnt matter what other trucks look like or what people think of it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As long as your happy with your motor mate i wouldnt worry.
When I do bits and bobs to mine I do it for my own satisfaction,ive never bothered entering anything into Truckfest etc coz i know it wouldnt stand a chance against motors that have been pulled off the road for weeks and had thousands spent on them…i get more satisfaction if im out working and someone pays the truck a compliment while its earning its keep.
I reckon your motor is a credit to ya mate and so do plenty of others on here :sunglasses:
Keep on polishing :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

neil46:
as long as you are proud of your truck and what you do to it then it doesnt matter what other trucks look like or what people think of it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll agree with that

If the object is to do the best job you can on your truck and you have done so then you have won.

If the object is to get a good rating from the judges then consider this -

The judges that compare different trucks against each other are doing so from their viewpoint.

The competitors agree to abide by their viewpoint.

That does not mean that their viewpoint is correct.

I wonder how many times some of us have said ‘how did that win, so and so had a much better truck’

If your truck does not get a good rating does that really mean it is worse than anyone elses :question: - only in the minds of the judges…

OK. if everyone who looks at your truck says ‘What’s that heap of [ZB] doing here?’ then you may have something to think about…

Not likely to happen in your case me thinks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

your truck and many other members trucks on here are awesome, and putting the work into an old high mileage truck thats good to you (apart from a few mishaps) shows its worth it, plus it looks just as good as new motors

i should bring one of the sheds i used to drive then you woul dfeel soooo much better about your truck. these had worse than the one owner who couldnt give a rats ■■■. it had too many owners who trashed the living crap out of them.

this ivecos doors never locked, and it was a push button start you didnt even need the keys to take it, and it had no flaming radio. cheep skating {zb}

this shed, hiab dont work, seats duct taped, radio screwed, no night heater lol.

With working trucks, do the judges not take the mileage and age into consideration?

Surely a high mileage, older vehicle, especially one that is used to haul “dirtier” loads, but has been really well looked after and nicely presented, should have the edge over a younger, lower mileage vehicle.

That would seem to be logical, anyway! :unamused:

Is that how it works? If not, it should be! :grimacing:

I always think that a tidy truck is a fantastic advert for both the driver and the firm it represents and I always admire the amount of effort put in to turn it out to that standard.

It’s less likely to get a tug from VOSA, too! :wink:

its very bias at truckfest regarding the judges,they pull the odd new motor in and give it a prize but its the same old faces in the top 3 evey year also they give highly commended out just to keep your spirt up, how do i know my mate is a judge at truckfest :wink: :wink: a few on here will prob now him but no names mentioned,

I usually feel like that about 10 minuite’s after i wash mine,and see it dirty again :frowning: …it’s strange but i must sub conciously enjoy cleaning it or why would i bother in the first place.

Yout truck seem’s well looked after Mr.V…sometime’s you post a pic of it dirty and i think… he’s posted the wrong pic :blush: :wink:

i love my motor as you know rob i get like that all the time i always feel fed up when i see others all done up makes me depressed

don’t worry rob mr vain will look great at truckfest that said i’ve seen some of your new mods :wink: :wink: i think mr vain is gonna look better than ever mate :smiley:

and ill be sure to get some super shots of all the members trucks which they can have no problem

so expect some great shots of the vain, the bricktrotter the maggie and others

Thanks for all yr comments, i enjoyed reading them. I really njoy the time i spend cleaning and refurbing my truck. Every year i try to turn up with something a little different. Last year it was re sign written. It looked so different my brother dint even recognise it and he has spent many hours workin on it with me! This year it’s my sunvisor thats changed, its only taken best part of a year to come together! Bottom spots on a bar are next, but won’t be before Peterboro.

Mr vain is looking awesome

i cant wait to get pics of it and see it in the flesh.

I’d like to make 2 points about your question.

1. Why do you do your truck up? If it’s to win awards, then you’ll probably spend many hours consumed with envy and hatred as it gets passed over for yet another award. or is it for you own personal pride? then it doesn’t really matter if it wins although it would be nice.

2. and more relevent to your post. You are with your truck all the time and you know the points you’d like to improve, but you see all the other trucks with fresh eyes and so they look original and you don’t know where the little problems are. And of course you do actually go to work in your truck and I doubt you can really afford to take it off the road to “mint it” much before the event.