Yet another scania topic!

Hello everyone, I’m a huge truck fan despite not being involved in the industry. I’ve always been a fan of volvo’s since I was a kid but have always loved the now classics from the 70s and 80s.
My question is, in peoples opinions ‘is’ or ‘was’ the scania 143 streamline a worthy successor to the mighty 140/141? How would they compare with eachother? I read somewhere recently that the 143 was or would have been the equal of the 141, I love the 141 but can see that the streamline was pretty good too. I’m Reading ash’s book at the moment and think it’s great! Thanks for Reading , harryvr6.

the Streamline wasnt as good as the143 because all the plastic broke & fell off

The 141 really did deserve its unofficial title of King of the Road, there was nothing to touch it when it was launched, it really was head and shoulders above every other lorry on the road :sunglasses:

I think that the 143-450 is the best lorry ever made, the Streamline version is a nicer looking lorry than the regular R/Topline cab in my opinion, but it took a while to grow on me. Underneath the plastic is where it counts though and that’s where the 143 really shines. Unlike the 141, the 3 series had some serious competition, I reckon it kicked their arse and was a worthy successor to the legendary 141 :wink:

Let’s not overlook the 142 boys! When the 420 intercooler was launched there was nothing that could touch it!
Also preferred the interior dash layout in the 142 over the 143.

jacko22:
Let’s not overlook the 142 boys! When the 420 intercooler was launched there was nothing that could touch it!

Yep, I have to agree, a 142 intrcooler, tag axle, full air kit and blue trim, what more could you want in 1984!!

T.B

trucker.blackpool:

jacko22:

Yep, I have to agree, a 142 intrcooler, tag axle, full air kit and blue trim, what more could you want in 1984!!

T.B

To answer that question, I have to say, a 4 wheeler on air and a set of chimneys up the back :sunglasses:

That was the one lorry I always wanted, I was lucky enough to have two, one a 1984 vintage tag axle with the chimneys, the other a 1987 LHD 4 wheeler on air, never got my dream of the 4 wheeler with the stacks, but I suffered the ones I had in silence :laughing:

My 143 is still the best lorry I’ve ever had though :wink:

Thanks everyone, sounds like they were all pretty good then! 1,2,3 series , think if I had the money and could actually drive a truck I’d go for a 141! I don’t like anything beyond the 90s 3 series, there’s a restored 141 on YouTube which sounds awesome, out of interest are ‘chimneys’ the same as ‘stacks’?, thanks harryvr6.

trucker.blackpool:

jacko22:

T.B

I’m still enjoying one in 2012. :smiley:

newmercman:

trucker.blackpool:

jacko22:

T.B

To answer that question, I have to say, a 4 wheeler on air and a set of chimneys up the back :sunglasses:

That was the one lorry I always wanted, I was lucky enough to have two, one a 1984 vintage tag axle with the chimneys, the other a 1987 LHD 4 wheeler on air, never got my dream of the 4 wheeler with the stacks, but I suffered the ones I had in silence :laughing:

My 143 is still the best lorry I’ve ever had though :wink:

New to Peterlee Trucking 1986- I had the pleasure in 1991 on for McKellar Trucking. She got resprayed in 1992

My old girl

image.jpg

mechanic77:

trucker.blackpool:

jacko22:

T.B

I’m still enjoying one in 2012. :smiley:

Another one of me dads old trucks I wished he’d gave kept