Yet another hours question.

Hiya. cheers for reading in advance.

i worked 14 hours on tuesday and a 9 hour break and 15 hours yesterday. and 11 hours off. then started at 7am today.

am i right in thinking i need to pull up and finish by 7pm tonight? not been doing the job long and i normally do 12 on 12 off (hours) so my understanding is a little hazy. can som ody enlighten me please?

thanks again

CMG

You can do three 15 hour shifts and take two reduced daily rests in a week period. And from what you say, it seems you have used two of your 15 hour shifts, and only used one reduced rest. So i don’t see why you can’t do another 15 hour shift if you wanted! :smiley:
Do you? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
You can do three 15 hour shifts and take two reduced daily rests in a week period. And from what you say, it seems you have used two of your 15 hour shifts, and only used one reduced rest. So i don’t see why you can’t do another 15 hour shift if you wanted! :smiley:

I don’t don’t know where to start with how wrong this is…

There is no such thing as a “15 hour rule”.
What there is is a requirement to take 11 hours daily rest within 24 hours of starting the shift, which can be reduced to 9 hours within 24 hours of the start of the shift up to three times between weekly rests.

Forget about whether you have worked 15 hours or not, it’s how many hours rest have been taken within 24 hours of the start of the shift that matter. Otherwise you end up thinking there are two rules or thinking it’s OK to work 15 and take 11 off as a normal rest - which is what you have done the the OP’s example.

chainmailguy:
i worked 14 hours on tuesday and a 9 hour break and 15 hours yesterday. and 11 hours off. then started at 7am today.

On Tuesday you had a reduced rest (9 hours off).
On Wednesday you also has a reduced rest - if you finished work after 15 hours then you had 9 hours rest within 24 hours of starting work.

am i right in thinking i need to pull up and finish by 7pm tonight? not been doing the job long and i normally do 12 on 12 off (hours) so my understanding is a little hazy. can som ody enlighten me please?

You have three reduced daily rests (9 hours) available between weekly rests.
If after starting at 0700 today you finish work no later than 2000, followed by at least 11 hours off you would have a regular rest. That would leave a reduced rest available for Friday’s shift.
If you finish after 2000, but no later than 2200, you will have a reduced daily rest today, which will mean on Friday you need to have a full rest (ie finish work within 13 hours of the start of the shift).
Also, if you finish before 2000 and wish to start on early Friday within 11 hours you could do that which would also use you third reduced rest. So there are different options available to you.

Just remember if you use a reduced daily rest tonight to be finished on time on Friday to have a regular rest.

Glen A9:

Evil8Beezle:

I don’t don’t know where to start with how wrong this is…

There is no such thing as a “15 hour rule”.
What there is is a requirement to take 11 hours daily rest within 24 hours of starting the shift, which can be reduced to 9 hours within 24 hours of the start of the shift up to three times between weekly rests.

Forget about whether you have worked 15 hours or not, it’s how many hours rest have been taken within 24 hours of the start of the shift that matter. Otherwise you end up thinking there are two rules or thinking it’s OK to work 15 and take 11 off as a normal rest - which is what you have done the the OP’s example.

Yep my bad! :blush: Not sure how I’ve concocted and twisted the regs to my thinking! :confused:
Guess I never get near doing these hours and I’ve been listening to someone who does! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thank you very much. this helps a lot. nice one

CMG

Glen A9:

Evil8Beezle:

I don’t know where to start with how wrong this is…

I don’t come on the n00b forum much, but when I do, I like to see comedy gold like this.

:open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: