Yet another digi tacho question

wonder if someone can sort this one out for me,

when making a ferry/train crossing,using the one movement on and one off,totaling one hour,at which point do you press the end country. is it when you stop on the dock/station or when you have compleated your second movemet and parked for the night. i have been told various ways to do this.

eddie2546:
wonder if someone can sort this one out for me,

when making a ferry/train crossing,using the one movement on and one off,totaling one hour,at which point do you press the end country. is it when you stop on the dock/station or when you have compleated your second movemet and parked for the night. i have been told various ways to do this.

Easiest way I think would remove tacho at end of shift and replace at start of shift make a note on a printout of movement
the fact that your ending in 1 country and starting in another will show the crossing

You are begining your daily rest period when you are waiting to board the ferry and have selected rest, therefore you have ended your shift so that will be your end country. You then use the ferry rest mode to record your movements and then complete your rest upoon disembarkation. After completeing the 11 hours of rest you resume work which is when you enter the start country, which on most occasions will be a different country and will be explained by the ferry movements. If you enter the end country on disembarkation you would be creating a false record as that is not where you finished work for the day and started your daily rest.

Note you must have11 hours rest plus the time taken for the movements, so could be 12 hours in total, and it must all fall within the 24-hour period which began when you started work that day. So many drivers seem to think the ferry movment thing allows them to ignore the 24-hour rule thing and extend their rest beyond the period. On a day you are using ferry rest you cannot work much more than 12 hours from start of your shift and remain legal.

nick2008:
Easiest way I think would remove tacho at end of shift and replace at start of shift make a note on a printout of movement
the fact that your ending in 1 country and starting in another will show the crossing

Not a good idea. You would have missing mileage and also no way of showing the movements were no more than 1 hour in total.

thanks for that, i had always thought you had to end country when you stop and started your rest, but as you know there is always somebody else who knows better than yourself.again thanks… :slight_smile: