Yet another DCPC moan

Got told a story today, could be bull, but the guy doing the telling works at the Co in question and I have no reason to doubt him.

Firstly he tell me that the drivers at Brakes Grantham get offered their DCPC in house free of charge. So far so good, the catch is that they sign to say that if they complete their DCPC and leave the company within a certain amount of time Brakes can take £1000 from their final salary! WTF, how much do they reckon each module is worth ffs?

Secondly, the trainer is telling them that if they haven’t completed said DCPC before September 14 then their licence will be revoked and they’ll have to resit their tests to get it back!

Where on Earth do they find these clowns? It makes you wonder what other crap is being spouted as “fact” and how many people are falling for it. :imp:

Maybe public hanging is a bit too severe for these “trainers”, but surely a public horsewhipping is in order?

My company are also paying for the DCPC, done in house by their own trainers, and I get paid for the day. However, if I leave I have to repay £100 per module for any completed within the previous 12 months, which seems reasonable to me. Ken

Our company is paying for the DCPC, but claiming back £180 for any module completed in the previous 12 months if you leave. I think this is fair, but will probably pay for my own because as the DCPC is ongoing, you are always likely to have completed at least one in the last year. I can get three done for £180 and choose my own time and venue. Might not make sense to some, but it suits me better - I don’t like being beholden.

I got DCPC from my Agency offered but not doing it as i may lose anywhy my HGV if i get my Diabetes not right,i rekon. Diabetes Nurse talkes already about Insulin