Yet another DAF problem

the thing with the DAF warnings, if they come on, and you turn the engine off, the warnings disappear, they do not always stay logged in the memory

i kept getting EBS truck faults on CF and XF models, kept sending them in to the dealer to be sorted, when collecting them, we were told ‘no fault found’

in the end, i was driving one of the XF’s one day and the EBS Truck Warning (amber) came on, i drove it straight to the dealer, parked it right outside the main door to service dept, in the summer, so the doors were open, put it on a high tickover, and locked it with the remote fob, exhaust facing in to the service desk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seems odd that the service manager was not aware that you could actually lock the truck with the engine running :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

needless to say, he sent a fitter straight out to see the warning on the dash, i even told them what the problem was

i collected the truck the following day, to be told ‘no fault found’ :unamused: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

but, they had actually changed the part that i told them was causing the problem :unamused:

funnily enough, i never had a problem with it after that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I seemed to be having the same problem with said DAF mechanics As the unit was actually in DAF at Worcester last week to have the ‘electrical’ issue sorted but lo and behold, I got in her Monday morning and still the problems were there. But DAF insisted that no problem could be found!!! It would reset the warnings if I turned the engine off and back on again for a while but then they’d pop up again more and more. At one point she was apparently running with no adblue and started limiting the power…even though I had just filled the tank in Belgium!!! Enough was enough yesterday and I’d coped with it long enough, took em long enough to fit 2 bleeding batteries though!! :unamused:

best thing to do, as i said earlier, take it in to the dealers with the warnings still on the dash and do not turn it off, they can plug DAVIE in to it and read the active faults there and then

Totally agree with shuttlespanker even to gassing out the reception,though euro 4 or 5 won’t gas no one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I personally try and speak to the driver if possible…As some faults do clear when the ignition is cycled ,and then don’t come back on when road tested …99% of the time DAVIE will store any errors that have cleared ,Certain faults can then be fixed as they are date and time stamped,so even if in the stored section you can find them .the problem can arrive if they aren’t date stamped and there is multiple stored errors going back years …

Another huge issue is drivers just writing warning lights on the defect sheet ,who then moan that it isn’t repaired ,because there is no warnings on and a clue to what system we are meant to be repairing does help …Yes we do phone ,but generally get a " don’t know " response…And no one will pay for us to go through all the systems guessing…

The other good one is the driver who brings it over because he was told to ,even though there where no warnings active and he doesn’t know anything except he was just told to bring it over :unamused: :unamused:

norb:
Totally agree with shuttlespanker even to gassing out the reception,though euro 4 or 5 won’t gas no one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I personally try and speak to the driver if possible…As some faults do clear when the ignition is cycled ,and then don’t come back on when road tested …99% of the time DAVIE will store any errors that have cleared ,Certain faults can then be fixed as they are date and time stamped,so even if in the stored section you can find them .the problem can arrive if they aren’t date stamped and there is multiple stored errors going back years …

Another huge issue is drivers just writing warning lights on the defect sheet ,who then moan that it isn’t repaired ,because there is no warnings on and a clue to what system we are meant to be repairing does help …Yes we do phone ,but generally get a " don’t know " response…And no one will pay for us to go through all the systems guessing…

The other good one is the driver who brings it over because he was told to ,even though there where no warnings active and he doesn’t know anything except he was just told to bring it over :unamused: :unamused:

mine was (and still is) a 2003 Euro3 DAF XF SSC with the 480 XE engine :slight_smile:

Hi I have a daf 75 310 04 plate and many faults come up Inc ebs and abs, then it will die and configure settings comes up on the dash. I am told the 2 daf relays play up? Any help■■?
After many fingers in the fuse box it will start and be ok.

Thanks lee

Daf and dash warnings. This may sound really stupid but we have found that if you disconect the battery leads
and touch the leads together for a couple of secs then reconect that a lot of the faults clear. Are fitters were advised to this by lads at the dealers and it seems to work. Another one we been advised to do is with the coils of wiring around the rear of the chassis. Is to coil it in a figure 8 rather than a normal loop has somthing to do with a buld up of resistance in the cable.
I know all this sounds a bit far fetched but it does work.

We get constant problems with the 63 plate CFs. Mostly electrical related issues like bulbs and fuses. The backlight only works with the lights on but hooking up with the lights on has seen a load of 10 amp fuses being blown. I am the only driver that i know of on this contract who carries spare bulbs and fuses too :confused:

Didn’t know dafs have a desperate battery for the starter motor, what a great idea.

I’ve got cf 75 on a. 51 plate. For about 3years the radiator coolant low warning come on and
alarm bells ring.daf changed radiator sensor ,and it still comes on! Any one else had this problem?

I have driven lots of them over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that the best cure is a piece of rag to cover the display.

mike68:
I have driven lots of them over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that the best cure is a piece of rag to cover the display.

Totally agree. Oh, and turn the radio right up too!

the maoster:

mike68:

Totally agree. Oh, and turn the radio right up too!

A firm I sub for runs Volvos the fitter there says “black tape over the dash,close the window,turn the radio up job done crack on!” so it ain’t just DAFs :laughing: