Yet another crash

it’s about time we had what they have on certain parts of the german autobahns,a bloody great hedge or those green plastic things that are set at an angle between the central reservation so no one can see whats happening on the other carrieageway,that will stop all the car rubber neckers,only us rtruckers would be able to do it!! :wink: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

extrucker:
Something I see a lot of, and its getting worse, is when there is serious congestion, lorries parking on the hard shoulder for tacho breaks, blocking the h/s. I must admit, that 99% are foreign and its expected,sadly. But surely uk drivers must know better. The law states that you can get to a place of safety to take a break. .

It may well do, but that just doesn’t wash when some Spanish copper discovers an infringement on your digicard several weeks or months later and wants an eleventy million euro fine.

What would help is if we had proper and adequate parking areas. In France, for example, as soon as a lorry parking area in a motorway services starts filling up at night, they whack a huge extension onto it, and they just carry on doing that, rinse and repeat.

And apart from the huge service areas, there are Aire’s every 10km or so, you remember, like the ones we were promised by the Labour Lie Department

Northern boy:
It as just been on sky new that the m6 at j29 north bound is closed after a crash which happened at 01.30. It involed 11 vehicles which 6 are hgvs they are also saying that one of the hgv drivers as had to be cut out of is cab.

It was our driver that needed to be cut out of his cab in this accident, he is in hospital but his leg is a mess, he has had an operation but will need a few more ops I think, poor fella. Allegedly it was another fog related incident, someone said that the accident was caused… can you believe… by a car stopping in lane one as the fog was so thick… :open_mouth: