Yesterdays facebook moan

kr79:
It is a socioty in general problem with litter but drivers pulling up in a services etc and getting out ■■■■■■■ up the wheel is disgusting. Nothing worse than opening your door to be greeted by that stale ■■■■ smell

Theres layby I know off where the guy who runs the burger van pressure washs it every day but the over night parkers foul it again night after night(I think he’s p***ing against the wind) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jimboy124:
Here’s a thought why not carry a bin bag and a litter picker and pick some of it up yourself?
Then bill the council or Highways agency for your time ?
You could even tell the papers what your doing!

Well, this is what I posted a little later in the day

The big question is, if I feel that strongly about this, does it warrant me stopping there and clearing it up. Firstly to get it tidied up, secondly to show how appalled I am and finally, to maybe, just maybe draw some attention to the issue and maybe even shame some into doing the right thing. Ok, so maybe a little dramatic, but how many time have you dived into a lay by with your children on board to answer a call of nature ? Do you want them to see this■■? No? Me either. No wonder industrial estates get parking restrictions. As far as Johnny Foreigner is concerned, I have no doubt they they are offenders in this matter, but I wouldn’t mind betting that those that park there just chuck stuff out of the window cos it’s what others do. I know one thing, from now on, when I park up, I’ll take a walk with a carrier bag around the estate where I park. Small gesture? Every little helps

MR VAIN:

jimboy124:
Here’s a thought why not carry a bin bag and a litter picker and pick some of it up yourself?

The big question is, if I feel that strongly about this, does it warrant me stopping there and clearing it up. Firstly to get it tidied up, secondly to show how appalled I am and finally, to maybe, just maybe draw some attention to the issue and maybe even shame some into doing the right thing. Ok, so maybe a little dramatic, but how many time have you dived into a lay by with your children on board to answer a call of nature ? Do you want them to see this■■? No? Me either. No wonder industrial estates get parking restrictions. As far as Johnny Foreigner is concerned, I have no doubt they they are offenders in this matter, but I wouldn’t mind betting that those that park there just chuck stuff out of the window cos it’s what others do. I know one thing, from now on, when I park up, I’ll take a walk with a carrier bag around the estate where I park. Small gesture? Every little helps

I will admit I have never picked up rubbish and bottles of ■■■■ from laybys … But I have picked up litter in my street and outside the local school whilst taking my little girl there.

As for laybys there is not a driver on here that has not have to dive into one to hà ve a ■■■■ up the wheel or worse.

And fair play to you for walkin with a carrier bag and clearing the rubbish up,from now on I will do the same!

But you know what they are like on here they will say your tacho needs to be on other work or VOSA will fine you £87 for falsifying your records …

Just a thought … If every driver picked up some rubbish from a layby … just a carrier bag full… instead of waxing his carrot the laybys would be a slightly better place to park ? I for one have no problem picking a few bits of crap up that’s for sure … Beats sitting in the cab … not waxing my carrot… but waiting for my rest time to be up …

You never know you might pick up something interesting like a … hammer or a set of socket spanners ? …

…This bottle of ■■■■ thing. What IS that all about?

Do they get used as hospital urinal bottle thingies by blokes with very small dicks or am I way off-beam here?
It can’t be anyone ■■■■■■■ in one whilst going along either, because you’d just spray it all over the place… I’d imagine.
Then there’s the observation that when you drive past such a 2ltr bottle on the hard shoulder or find them in laybys, they are always full to the brim with the top tightly screwed on by the looks of it too!

WTF? :open_mouth:

they`re for ■■■■■■■ in,if you wake up in the night

MR VAIN:
Copied from my facebook

Ashamed to be a lorry driver. Just stopped in a lay by on the A14 to look at my map. I am appalled at the litter and all manner of nasty things strewn around. It’s not as if a bin hasn’t been supplied. And they moan cos we are viewed in a bad light. :frowning:

Anyone else noticed this issue getting worse?

The issue of people leaving rubbish everywhere or just lorry drivers ? People are just people and everyone leaves rubbish everywhere, retail parks, shopping centres, near their own homes etc…
Great initiative started by Estonia, worked very well…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Do_It!_World

Not sure the planet got cleaned up although its a great idea. And the biggest trashers are usually the biggest companies.

commonrail:

What? - And parked in a dark layby in the middle of nowhere a driver cannot be bothered to climb down from his cab, and ■■■■ in so much as the bushes nearby?

These bottles are not seen strewn around industrial estates - just countryside locations. There’s probably a camera on them in the industrial estate in any case. In a country layby, you can pretty much do anything unobserved, which strongly correlates to the chances of diesel theft too no doubt…

A ■■■■ bottle - Laziness par excellance? :confused:

Mike-C:

MR VAIN:
Copied from my facebook

Ashamed to be a lorry driver. Just stopped in a lay by on the A14 to look at my map. I am appalled at the litter and all manner of nasty things strewn around. It’s not as if a bin hasn’t been supplied. And they moan cos we are viewed in a bad light. :frowning:

Anyone else noticed this issue getting worse?

The issue of people leaving rubbish everywhere or just lorry drivers ? People are just people and everyone leaves rubbish everywhere, retail parks, shopping centres, near their own homes etc…
Great initiative started by Estonia, worked very well…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Do_It!_World

Not sure the planet got cleaned up although its a great idea. And the biggest trashers are usually the biggest companies.

Are we going to find bags and bags of discarded horseburgers in the coming weeks doya think?
What NEXT to be found in a layby? - Lord Lucan or at least his body rendered into Michael Mouse’s Beefstakes? :smiley: :unamused:

Winseer:

commonrail:

What? - And parked in a dark layby in the middle of nowhere a driver cannot be bothered to climb down from his cab, and ■■■■ in so much as the bushes

Too much risk of potentially treading in crap

Winseer:

commonrail:

What? - And parked in a dark layby in the middle of nowhere a driver cannot be bothered to climb down from his cab, and ■■■■ in so much as the bushes nearby?

These bottles are not seen strewn around industrial estates - just countryside locations. There’s probably a camera on them in the industrial estate in any case. In a country layby, you can pretty much do anything unobserved, which strongly correlates to the chances of diesel theft too no doubt…

so you would get up and get dressed in the middle of the night to go pee in the bushes :question: i pee in a milk carton then tip it out in the morning and save the carton for next time

commonrail:

Winseer:

commonrail:

so you would get up and get dressed in the middle of the night to go pee in the bushes :question: i pee in a milk carton then tip it out in the morning and save the carton for next time

I use a Lenor bottle …with a little bit of fabic conditioner still in the bottom of of it . Because it provides a wider neck and it smells ok for weeks! :laughing:

MR VAIN:

jimboy124:

The big question is, if I feel that strongly about this, does it warrant me stopping there and clearing it up. Firstly to get it tidied up, secondly to show how appalled I am and finally, to maybe, just maybe draw some attention to the issue and maybe even shame some into doing the right thing. Ok, so maybe a little dramatic, but how many time have you dived into a lay by with your children on board to answer a call of nature ? Do you want them to see this■■? No? Me either. No wonder industrial estates get parking restrictions. As far as Johnny Foreigner is concerned, I have no doubt they they are offenders in this matter, but I wouldn’t mind betting that those that park there just chuck stuff out of the window cos it’s what others do. I know one thing, from now on, when I park up, I’ll take a walk with a carrier bag around the estate where I park. Small gesture? Every little helps[/q

Some posters are complaining about the lay by’s smelling of ■■■■,now they know who to blame :wink:

Montmerency:

MR VAIN:

jimboy124:

The big question is, if I feel that strongly about this, does it warrant me stopping there and clearing it up. Firstly to get it tidied up, secondly to show how appalled I am and finally, to maybe, just maybe draw some attention to the issue and maybe even shame some into doing the right thing. Ok, so maybe a little dramatic, but how many time have you dived into a lay by with your children on board to answer a call of nature ? Do you want them to see this■■? No? Me either. No wonder industrial estates get parking restrictions. As far as Johnny Foreigner is concerned, I have no doubt they they are offenders in this matter, but I wouldn’t mind betting that those that park there just chuck stuff out of the window cos it’s what others do. I know one thing, from now on, when I park up, I’ll take a walk with a carrier bag around the estate where I park. Small gesture? Every little helps[/q

Some posters are complaining about the lay by’s smelling of ■■■■,now they know who to blame :wink:

PMSL. My kids are grown up. But on the odd trip away on holiday we would of done, right up until we had a caravan and then they’d use the on board facilities. But they’d still have to see the mess in the lay by.

On an incidental side note,

My daughter’s after school club once asked if I would come along with the tractor unit to show the children. Of course I was only too pleased.

After a brief tour of the motor we stepped back inside the building. I asked if there were any questions. A lad asked how i managed when I wanted the toilet, before I could answer, a little girl piped up and said, quite cooly, " they wee in bottles and then throw them in the hedge"

I could of died, how embarrassing. They don’t miss a trick. :confused:

Winseer:
Most Likely 7 things to be found in laybys:-

Discarded brown bags with half-eaten fast food
2ltr coke bottles filled with what appears to be ■■■■ (No, I’m not going to open one to see if it’s actually lemon and lime!)
Fallen off mudguards - small ones
Second Hand condoms - only judged to be second hand, because they look slimey on the ground, and are out of their packet.
Empty “Strong Brew” tins - Do any pro drivers actually drink this stuff?
A parked-up nobbies or stobart combination hogging whatever space there might have been for another wagon to park up…
Some middle-aged git trying to sell insurance (Some of them are female “gits” too - tweedy suits, stink of beer and ■■■■, and yet a well-spoken home counties accent…)

Out of the 7, only the actual wagons themselves are clearly related to lorry drivers… At least I’d hope so. :open_mouth:

Didn’t you see that episode of traffic cops where the hgv driver had drunk about 7 cans of special brew when he got pulled over haha

MR VAIN:
PMSL. My kids are grown up. But on the odd trip away on holiday we would of done, right up until we had a caravan and then they’d use the on board facilities. But they’d still have to see the mess in the lay by.

On an incidental side note,

My daughter’s after school club once asked if I would come along with the tractor unit to show the children. Of course I was only too pleased.

After a brief tour of the motor we stepped back inside the building. I asked if there were any questions. A lad asked how i managed when I wanted the toilet, before I could answer, a little girl piped up and said, quite cooly, " they wee in bottles and then throw them in the hedge"

I could of died, how embarrassing. They don’t miss a trick. :confused:

:laughing: :laughing:

kr79:
Nothing worse than opening your door to be greeted by that stale ■■■■ smell

It may be mildly unpleasant, but there are a lot of things that are much, much worse.

I would expect any crap to be in small clearings between the bushes, rather than turds dangling off big leaves… :unamused:

Don’t eat any of the silver-wrapped santas on HIS Christmas tree - that’s for sure!

Roymondo:

kr79:
Nothing worse than opening your door to be greeted by that stale ■■■■ smell

It may be mildly unpleasant, but there are a lot of things that are much, much worse.

…Like the mixture of Hydrogen Sulphide (rotten eggs) Putricine (Drains) Cadaverine (butcher’s sawdust) and Mercaptans (Cabbage & Sewers)
which are all given off by dead bodies, according to how long and at what ambient temperature they’ve been lying there?

Purple fluff isn’t too bad I suppose. That smell of “Knackered Washing machines” common around Whirlpool depots for example…

To me, the worst smell is still hydrolyzed sugars and fats given off by fresh hughie green in the gutter during the summer months in particular…
The smell of puke makes me want to chuck up my own on top… :frowning:

Winseer:
I would expect any crap to be in small clearings between the bushes, rather than turds dangling off big leaves… :unamused:

always expect the unexpected,winseer.
especially where turds and laybyes are concerned :neutral_face: