Yep, that old chestnut again..Bridge strikes

lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne … ay_bridge/

If the bridge is marked at 14,9 I wouldn’t have thought many trailer would hit it. Only deckers? Is a double deck bus clears it, why can’t that truck?

thelorryist:
If the bridge is marked at 14,9 I wouldn’t have thought many trailer would hit it. Only deckers? Is a double deck bus clears it, why can’t that truck?

Maybe because that truck is over 14’9?

A double deck bus is only around 14’6 or lower, the volvo’s used to be marked at 14’6, most others were lower, I know this because after a bus break down, they sent me a volvo replacement from a different depot, and it was marked too high to go under a bridge on my route. But it fit with good clearance so either the bridge or the bus was marked seriously wrong.

You can tell thats at least a 15’6" trailer well the driver couldn’t though, obviously :unamused:

LorryCrash_ETBJ5540-002.JPG

rearaxle:

thelorryist:

As a simple rule of thumb, the top of that wind deflector would normally be between 14’ and 14’3 +/-, they are adjustable but a basic rule of thumb.

That trailer is a GOOD foot higher than that deflector, so I’d be estimating approx 15’3 +/-, and that’s without looking at the headboard marking

the trailer WAS a good foot higher…
sorry boss but i think the roof leaks on this trailer

Trukkertone:
the trailer WAS a good foot higher…
sorry boss but i think the roof leaks on this trailer

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It still is a foot higher by the looks of it tbh :wink:

Hopefully he’ll be done for careless driving, no excuse :neutral_face:

"The 33-year-old woman in the car was said to have had a ‘miraculous escape’ when the roof of her Nissan Micra caved in and the windscreen shattered.

The truck, which was carrying large plastic containers, normally used to carry liquids"

dramabutton.com/

orys:
"The 33-year-old woman in the car was said to have had a ‘miraculous escape’ when the roof of her Nissan Micra caved in and the windscreen shattered.

The truck, which was carrying large plastic containers, normally used to carry liquids"

dramabutton.com/

Orys, they’re IBC’s, which are large plastic containers in a metal frame, and if you look at the car, to be honest, she’s lucky to survive, don’t forget, the car was moving when this happened too…

Isn’t ‘Careless Driving’ now changing to a FPN/Fine scheme instead of Points??

Spivey’s yard is next door to where i work with Bedfords on the other side of it, lucky those IBC’s were empty.

waynedl:

orys:

dramabutton.com/

Orys, they’re IBC’s, which are large plastic containers in a metal frame, and if you look at the car, to be honest, she’s lucky to survive, don’t forget, the car was moving when this happened too…

Well, OK, but still I think the article is too dramatized :slight_smile:

cab 4m plus high spoiler plus more trailer showing yep its high
IBC intermediate bulk container

On a positive note, at least that’s one less Micra on the road.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZEABnkOa8

rearaxle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZEABnkOa8

Yeah, but if a double deck bus can fit under :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know that bridge, it looks like it was built to be hit, so much re-inforcement, you don’t actually hit the bridge which is about 6" higher than the RSJ’s

Low Bridge.jpg
If I crack my head trying to walk under this bridge, do I get to lose my license to walk? :smiley: