Yeomans

what happened to them havent seen them for some time are they still going or have they packed up

any one know

Hi Alix

Do you mean Yeomans the quarry company (Foster Yeoman). I saw 2 Yeoman preserved? low loaders last week carrying 3 Scammell 6x6 heavy haulage tractors en route to their next truck show. They made a fine sight northbound on the M1. Were they off to Driffield?

Calv

alix776:
what happened to them havent seen them for some time are they still going or have they packed up

any one know

i used to see them alot in southampton didnt they have grey volvo’s f10’s.

i mean the ones with the black motors yes there are some ones of theres going to shows an old scammell and an volvo f10-12 gobstopper i think just saw a picture at weekend and wondered if they wer still running i think they were a fridge were a fridge out fit and were in t an d in the eighties or nineties

alix776:
i mean the ones with the black motors yes there are some ones of theres going to shows an old scammell and an volvo f10-12 gobstopper i think just saw a picture at weekend and wondered if they wer still running i think they were a fridge were a fridge out fit and were in t an d in the eighties or nineties

The motors are owned by the former MD of Yeoman Aggregates. At one time, the F88 was used to carry plant. It was featured in one of the comics once - apart from the home made “gobstopper”, it also has an F12 engine. He has a fair collection of heavy haulage motors, and uses the Volvos for carting them about

f12 gobstopper was ex thorburns, :wink: