Yellow Motors pulling Netto Trailers from Yorkshire

What the hell was the name of that company from Yorkshire, with the flash FH’s and Roadhaus MAN’s that pulled Netto Trailers■■?

Its been bugging me all day and i cant think what they were called! :blush:

motorway transport

big m on the doors.

talking of which can you remember pineland ?/ russian drivers with uk licenses white with a couple of red stripes ■■.

r slicker:
motorway transport

big m on the doors.

talking of which can you remember pineland ?/ russian drivers with uk licenses white with a couple of red stripes ■■.

Yeah i remember Pineland, there was a magazine article in Trucking about them a few years ago, i recall the guy saying “Russian Drivers cope better in the UK than UK driver cope in Russia”

There was a Pineland Eurostar in a Scrapyard just before the Blackwall Tunnel Northbound, with a Pineland liveried Fridge. It went about 3 months ago.

BuzzardBoy:
What the hell was the name of that company from Yorkshire, with the flash FH’s and Roadhaus MAN’s that pulled Netto Trailers■■?

Wasn’t there also HH Distribution?

240 Gardner:

BuzzardBoy:

Wasn’t there also HH Distribution?

Thats the ones!!!

HH Distribution, the 2 “H”'s were one above the other to look like a motorway IIRC.

HH also used to do the Poundstretcher contract,until Butts took it over.

Once both contracts had gone,HH went to the wall,and some of their yellow double deck trailers,were still used on Poundstretcher until recently.

Ken.

H&H , HOGGY was down in dewsburt before he moved to nettos at sth elmsall

i remember pineland coming blazing onto the scene about 1994, doing plenty of russia at the time we were naturally curious about them - seem to remember their offices were right in the city of london somewhere, of course the first rumour was it was a mafia money laundering operation :unamused:

Pineland!!!..wow, that stirred the brain cell!!.Im sure I remember seeing some units parked up in the VW-MAN dealers in Croydon, St james`s road, I think, and they were for a company called Pineland.This would have been sometime either side of the end of 1992 until the middle of 1994…the more I think about it could well have been early 1995.

Anyway, I was looking around for work at the time, saw them parked up and went and spoke to the sales staff. Im sure they said that the trucks , MAN`s, were for UK-Russian work but were going to be driven by Russian drivers.

As JJ says, this would have been around the middle 90`s…I have vague memory of the MAN chap giving me the Pineland phone number and me calling them but getting the same answer…Russians only, sorry!! :laughing: :unamused:

Im sure though that those units sat there for quite a while afterwards!!

Maybe Harry Monk as an ex Kepstowe frieght driver may have met them on his travels.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread BB…as for the Netto units, I havent got a clue mate!! :unamused: :wink:

have the aticle about pineland one about kepstowe and hh truck on trial i have been a bit busy at the moment but i will find and scan everything ive promised when i am nursing my xmas hangover im sorry for being so slack with my scanning lately :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

HH distribution also pulled outa Lidl Runcorn whilst i was there!! they were always droppin netto trailers into lidls yard!! went down like a lead balloon!!

Pineland used to use Russian drivers who took their C+E test in the UK. They didn’t last very long for some reason but we never knew very much about them.