Yellow hi viz banned off site

I had to chuckle today, I was trying to drop a store off in Chapletown Leeds. It was for an electrical company that were rewiring houses for the council.

As I pulled up there was a load of suits wandering around so I grabbed my hi viz (yellow one). The bloke turned round and said I wouldn’t wear that round here mate. That suits me I said (I hate all that liability limitation or H&S tosh)

So I got talking to this bloke and it turns out that yellow hi viz vests are banned as the police use them and so the council have stopped contractors wearing them in case there mistaken for coppers and shot by the local drug gangs when they answer the door.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: sounds a nice place

simon

marlow:
the council have stopped contractors wearing them in case there mistaken for coppers and shot by the local drug gangs when they answer the door.

But I thought a Hi Viz protected you from any hazard known to man, speeding bullets should be no problem to a good Hi Viz… :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
speeding bullets should be no problem to a good Hi Viz…

:laughing: :laughing:

You’ve not got Kevlar Hiviz then?

Sounds like a lovely neigbourhood.
Did you come back to a truck on bricks with a bunch of chavs running off youwth your 22" super singles?

Somebody tell a certain client of my firm that Hunstanton is a dodgy area please.

:laughing:

Marlow, I saw you about a week ago just round the corner from Morries in Hecky where those industrial units are. :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:

marlow:
the council have stopped contractors wearing them in case there mistaken for coppers and shot by the local drug gangs when they answer the door.

But I thought a Hi Viz protected you from any hazard known to man, speeding bullets should be no problem to a good Hi Viz… :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

no, thats a chinstrap your thinking of, according to h&s regs in the steelworks as long as you’ve got your chinstrap in place your safe from anything, even ten ton of steel being droped on your head by a careless crane driver! :unamused:

marlow:
I had to chuckle today, I was trying to drop a store off in Chapletown Leeds. It was for an electrical company that were rewiring houses for the council.

As I pulled up there was a load of suits wandering around so I grabbed my hi viz (yellow one). The bloke turned round and said I wouldn’t wear that round here mate. That suits me I said (I hate all that liability limitation or H&S tosh)

So I got talking to this bloke and it turns out that yellow hi viz vests are banned as the police use them and so the council have stopped contractors wearing them in case there mistaken for coppers and shot by the local drug gangs when they answer the door.

So this maybe why the local council boys are wearing orange ones now.

I thought the cops could only wear yellow vests, if they were also displaying a blue light on top of their helmet ? so as you would know the diifference. :laughing: