Yee Har music.

Why do truck stops insist on having that whineass damm country and western noise playing in the background ? I wouldn’t object so much if they played a variety of music for everyone’s enjoyment, but they seem to assume that everyone likes that crap.
All I can hear when country and western music is playing is someone sounding like a cat has grabbed their testicles or if it’s a woman some other tender part of their anatomy.
This so called music actually sets my teeth on edge, I find I actually have to leave the building.
I’m saying every country singer has that whining, screechy voice by the way … Johnny Cash didn’t, in fact I loved most of his songs.
It’s not just away from home either, my darling wife who is American love the crap and plays it on every occasion she can … worse than that ! She sings along in her own whinny singing voice telling me thats the style it should be sung in, it’s not her normal singing voice because when a pop or rock song is on she has a wonderfull voice.
BAN COUNTRY MUSIC. :imp:

Totally agree with you ,it’s utter drivel.A first for me on Friday night though,stopped at "The Stagecoach"in Culbertson Montana,food was superb but some local was playing country crap on a miked up Banjo,hideous but the other customers loved it.To make matters worse the rednecks all seemed to be chewing tobacco and had individual spitoons which they constantly gobbed their “chew” into,not pleasant whilst your trying to enjoy your supper :unamused: God bless America :exclamation:

They even pipe that crap out to the fuel islands, some are so loud that you can hear it from the parking lot (if the numbnuts are not drowning it out with the engines running on high idle :unamused: )

I’m a fan of all kinds of music, but country is not on my list, except for a few songs from a select few artists, Johnny Cash being one and of course my mate Paul Brandt, having sat through numerous concerts of his, I even know the words to some of the songs :blush:

It was also known as “Some **** from Preston”

Americans and Country and Western deserve each other :laughing:

Utter Crap Teddy Bear

Call yourself truckers. You should listen to nothing else I bet carryfast listens to nothing else but he is a real trucker.

kr79:
Call yourself truckers. You should listen to nothing else I bet carryfast listens to nothing else but he is a real trucker.

one of the best posts ive seen lol wonder if he got the film convoy on blue ray :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: .
Dont forget though KR being based in Lethnridge thats cowboy country so get your stetson and snakeskin boots ready.

Convoy on bluray? I’m off to amazon right now :laughing:

I love that film, and Smokey and the Bandit, I have them both in my DVD collection, as every trucker should :sunglasses:

Now my aversion to country music only goes so far, recently went on a stag do to Vegas and there’s a country bar in Circus Circus called Gilleys, any red blooded male should make a plan to visit this place, they have Bikini Bull Riding and OMG are the Bikini Clad Bull Riders fit :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

newmercman:
Convoy on bluray? I’m off to amazon right now :laughing:

I love that film, and Smokey and the Bandit, I have them both in my DVD collection, as every trucker should :sunglasses:

Now my aversion to country music only goes so far, recently went on a stag do to Vegas and there’s a country bar in Circus Circus called Gilleys, any red blooded male should make a plan to visit this place, they have Bikini Bull Riding and OMG are the Bikini Clad Bull Riders fit :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

I thought I was the only one to have them at the front of my locker ready :blush: :blush: :blush: