Yard Shunting and the regs

If shunting in the yard with a Tug with “no” recording device - one doesn’t full under the scope of the tacho regs as I don’t go out onto the road for that full shift. The only recording of my shift is the signing in and out of my time sheet to show I’ve taken x time for breaks and sitting on my arse on POA - so only fall on the standard WTD rules.

How do I stand should I be pulled in for a check with the wheeltappers? what proof do I need if needed for them to show for the days I’ve been shunting?

In weeks when you drive in-scope of EU regulations none driving days (shunting) should be recorded on either a tachograph chart or printout, you only need to record the date, start and finish times and your name.

Page 39

tachograph:
In weeks when you drive in-scope of EU regulations none driving days (shunting) should be recorded on either a tachograph chart or printout, you only need to record the date, start and finish times and your name.

Page 39

Thanks Tacho :smiley:

To be honest, what a waste of tacho charts - going to be busy tomorrow I think filling in all of the charts I missed out on (as it was a rule that I didn’t know about) :unamused:

You’re welcome :wink:

The records for work days when you’re out of scope of EU regulations are just to show that you’ve had any required weekly and daily rest periods.

I shunted for Sainsbury’s at Hams Hall for a few years & we filled manual charts in every day just in case we were called out onto the road or wanted to work an overtime day on the road.