Yard Shunters

Yorkshire metals Kirkby, shunter is off to a new life and refurb.

Some from Maltby …

GGD bought the Scania 81 new,OWO 832R one of two with Cardiff plates.

Then,in later years after Wincanton had bought Glass Glover Dist. out they supplied this ex Middlebrook Mushrooms,Selby,Scania 92 with an Aveling Barford dockspotter which was neither use nor ornament as the 5th wheel kept cracking because of 24/7 use.Better than winding legs up and down though.The blue “R” on the front denoted Rotherham based,it was changed from “M” for Maltby as it also denoted Milton Keynes.I did mention it at the time… :smiley:

And after the Scania had expired this arrived ex Harwich Parkestone Quay,HIP 14. Was a good tool really,nice long wheelbase for shunting fridge trailers but it had a Leyland 600 engine that chucked smoke out like the old days when I had a Leyland Beaver,and it also leaked hydraulic oil onto yer right foot.H and S condemned it so we ended up with an ERF E10, G446 MYA with another dockspotter which we had plated so it would at least last a bit longer… :laughing:

And then,in 2003,after endless complaining about shunting tackle and slowing job down so Tesco/Asda/Safeway etc RDC loading was late (:lol:) this arrived on a low loader at 0500 one morning. It was instantly checked over,signed for,filled up and in use, only for our beloved H and S/driver trainer telling me,at 0900 when he turned up,that I hadn’t been trained on the Terberg and would have to park it up.I weren’t happy at all,having been brought up with old tackle from years ago,for some chuff to preach to me about operating a purpose built yard shunter and I told him that he could go **** himself and I never heard owt else from him. :stuck_out_tongue:

My old shunt unit we have a tung nice but of kit but the unit was so much better

J. Jones Mosstodloch sawmill shunter.

robroy:

And again there was me
Chris Millers cast offs. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Greenore Ferry Services (2).jpg

Greenore Ferry Services.(7).jpg

Guesty44:

robroy:

And again there was me

A aspden was the shunter in the leyland. At least he had
a door.
GUESTY44 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Guesty44:

robroy:

And again there was me

Them were the days eh!! :sunglasses:

Jakdaw:

Guesty44:

robroy:

And again there was me

No night heaters then wind out a/c windows.Cool :smiley: :smiley:

Guesty44:

Jakdaw:

Guesty44:

robroy:

And again there was me

No night heaters then wind out a/c windows.Cool :smiley: :smiley:

This was on Bonus i think.

Flixborough,N.Lincs.

IMG_8314.jpg

Weetabix Burton Latimer

British Sugar Bury St Eds

Eggers Haltwhistle.

Came across this one a month or so back.Owner told me he is going to fully restore it. Just used for moving trailers about.
colin delta 008.JPG

Flixborough,N.Lincs.

Saw this shunter at Langport, complete with spots, light bar
…and frilly curtains. :open_mouth:

Ex 4 wheeler tipper

:slight_smile:

tarastug (2).jpg

This is one I drove when I was a shunter at Imperial Tobacco Nottingham

here is a very possible yard shunter i saw whilst i was tipping

and the newer version of the classic parked along side it :smiley:

anyone got any more interesting yard shunters?