yanke

can anyone tell me the real deal with yanke, do you work for them need to know
i have a job offer, but i here bad story about them, long hours and crap money

shunta:

though i don’t work for them i have spoken to some of the uk guys on there and most do enjoy it, one i spoke to did not but the most did, more than likely you will have to work team which does not suit all drivers but after a while you can get your own motor. as for the hours they are no longer than any in north america and the pay is on average with most big trucking companies.
if you are not afraid of hard work, want a decent life style, want to see the canada and the states then you will be ok.
we came over 4 years ago ( also from northants) and have never thought of going back.
but it does not suit everyone, there is no such thing as the 48 hour week over here and probably never will be, you can be away for two weeks at a time and not everyone can cope with that, more so if you have a family.
then again yanke are not the only company here, one guy i know stayed there for a year then got another job and is now home every night like myself.
one last thing, it is a big step in life and you have to really want to do it, if not then it may not work out.
will you be out of winnipeg or saskatoon?
feel free to pm me if you like.
good luck. steve

Team driving is very hard unless you have total trust in the other driver, I did it as self employed for a shotr time and knew and trusted the other diver … (he was also English).
Try sleeping for 10 hours while someone else drives !

Yanke are a ■■■■ company :laughing:

shunta:

just had coffee with one of the english lads who i know on yanke, he would recommend them to anyone as a good company to work for and as having a good pay structure, but since he started nearly two years ago they have changed the team policy from 12 to 24 months which means you will have to share the cab with another driver for 2 yrs, he is also out for 10 or more days at a time.
anymore info let me know and i can give him a call.
also take a look on bta as there is a thread on there about yanke.
steve,

How do they pair drivers up? Just stick 2 together at random and hope they don’t kill each other? Gotta be a brave man to just hope you get paired up with someone decent for 2 years…! I can’t think of one person I’d wanna live in a cab with for 2 years, 10days at a time, maybe Jennifer Aniston…

most companies do not pair drivers up…usually teams work together and move from company to company…I ve never done it I know it takes two very compatible individuals to live in such a small area for long stretches.There are quite a few husband and wives teams…often older couples seeing north america without the cost of a motor home.

all truck companies are different it is how you and your employer get on. My advise go to the company that YOU want to go for and give it all you’ve got.

from my own personal experience with yanke ,keep well away from them,
at the interview they told me they wanted single drivers,at the seminar they stood in front off about 100 drivers and their families and said we want single drivers not team drivers,4 weeks later when i phoned them for a flying out date they told me,there had been a great error,now its team drivers,1 interview,1 seminar, 3 days off work, 1000 miles in the car,and they dont know the difference between a single and a team driver.

i have also spoken with a few drivers past and present with them,not very good comments about them,