Yalding Kent.

Im off to Lupofresh in Yalding Kent tomorrow, heading there from Dover. I will probably be pulling a ridiculously high trailer (15’3") and was wondering whats the best way in with this size monstrosity behind me?

thats not hihg by a map book

i thought height may be an issue, but ive just spent 20mins on google earth, and the problems are weight limits not bridges, was going to come off at j8 and around south side of Maidstone, on B2163, but 7.5ton in places, then was going j5 A20 and down B246, but 7.5, so i decided a route in the end, down A228 left B2015 right B2162, thru Yalding, place i want comes up on left. Bit of a long way round from Dover, but no probs.

(And they say Norfolk is out in the sticks!)

I regularly pull trailers which are marked as 15’ 3" on the headboard but when I throw a tape measure up the side of them they turn out to be 14’ 6" at most.

Just saying, like! :stuck_out_tongue:

know what you mean mate, ive done the same, but these ‘teardrop’ abortions are bloody high! My motor is an XL Globetrotter with a normal Globetrotter roof spoiler, its hoicked up high, and the top middle of the trailer is a lot higher than the roof spoiler. The massivley high 5th wheel on the Volvo doesnt help either.

Ring the customer from Maidstone services on M20 or Medway services on M2 and ask for the best way in. The local paper is full of the new weight limit imposed on Benover rd plus the entire area around Yalding and how hostile yokels are taking registration numbers for the new Lorry Watch scheme.
All the river bridges are very narrow and I mean narrow. You will probably be told to approach via Maidstone Use J6 exit from M20 A229 into Maidstone and A229 south (sign Hastings) as far as the Stile bridge Inn then fork right onto B2070 (sign Marden) . Right turn into Underlyn lane (sign Pattenden lane ind est). Go past Pattenden Lane by 250 -300 yds. Turn left into Green Lane to the end of a windy road. Turn Right at Collier Street Church onto B2162. Company will be on your right after a couple of miles.

But ring the delivery.

applegate.co.uk/maps/lupofresh-2263527.htm

your best way is off at j5 a228 into Maidstone follow thru town as u climb out of town get in right hand lane and just after you pass a cross roads with a chippy on one side and shop on other side turn right follow back towards town then take 2nd left that’s the truck route for yalding it has the black truck sign it is narrow but you will be fine. don’t use j1 m26 as there is a 14.6 bridge. u cud also try the a 26 out of Maidstone but may be a weight limit

chester1:
j5 a228

You sure about that :confused:

Seany:

chester1:
j5 a228

5-6 same split just follow a228 toward Maidstone

chester1:

Seany:

chester1:
j5 a228

5-6 same split just follow a228 toward Maidstone

But the A228 is Junction 4.

Sorry Chester that route via Tovil is not a good idea. I have done farm collections in the area for years and would not recommend trying it in an artic, especially if a stranger to the area. It is just too easy to get yourself into trouble . Fine in a small Transit, but West Street Hunton has a 3 ton limit and nearly all the other options will either take longer, or put you the wrong side of the river facing bridges you now can’t use.

I realise this is too late for the OP, but someone using ‘search’ later might try it.

kindle530:
down A228 left B2015 right B2162, thru Yalding, place i want comes up on left. Bit of a long way round from Dover, but no probs.

This is the way i went in the end, peice of cake, there was a narrow bit on the 228 where i saw a couple of mirror casings lying by the side of the road, the B2162 had a couple of narrow bridges (1 with traffic lights, 1 without) but i saw them on streetview, Yalding was a bit narrow but only a problem for the bus driver, 2 van drivers, 2 4x4 drivers and 2 car drivers who were speeding thru the village and not expecting to see me coming the other way! I came out the same way to j4 of the M20, as mentioned by chester there is a 14’6" bridge going over towards j1 M26, so j4 was the way to go.
Cheers for the replies lads/lasses.