Yahoo

After my birthday yesterday,got the best present today when my HGV licence came back valid for another year.
Managed to make the new tighter eyesight requirement,but my optician says I require another checkup in 6 months as I have the early stage of cataracts.

Great stuff, Happy Birthday for yesterday and nice legs :blush:

Happy Birthday Ian. You must be in an elite group now, can’t be too many working in their 70’s, although i know a few close to it who fully intend to do so.

Congratulations mate but the eyesight test on the Senellen chart is not tighter it is actually easier. I thought it was tighter reading the new requirements but my consultant who did my operations and laser treatment on my eyes told me the new requirements are actually less tighter than before and I trust what he has to say as he is the leading consultant at the Royall Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield which is one of the leading eye and neuro centres in the UK.

bestbooties:
After my birthday yesterday,got the best present today when my HGV licence came back valid for another year.

Hi Ian,

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!

Way to go. :smiley:

Does it feel something like you felt on the day you passed your test?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Congratulations mate but the eyesight test on the Senellen chart is not tighter it is actually easier. I thought it was tighter reading the new requirements but my consultant who did my operations and laser treatment on my eyes told me the new requirements are actually less tighter than before and I trust what he has to say as he is the leading consultant at the Royall Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield which is one of the leading eye and neuro centres in the UK.

Steve,
We shall have to agree to disagree on this.
The fact that the eyesight requirements have changed from 6/9 in the better eye to 6/7.5,while in the worse eye you can now have a reading of 6/60,(which is not far off being blind,so that is easier),that still means that to have the 6/7.5 even in one eye is IS tighter and not easier,I did have to have a new spec prescription to meet that requirement.With my old specs I could only manage the 6/9 level.

I managed the 6/7.5 in the better eye,and 6/7.5-2 in the other eye.(That is,I could not read 2 of the letters on the 6/7.5 line).

Dipper_Dave:
Great stuff, Happy Birthday for yesterday and nice legs :blush:

You have an admirer here,never too late to try something new :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :lol

Sorry Dave :grimacing:

Still can’t get your link to work Ian,the page just loads up black…is it me? Oh,and did you ever write that book?

Happy birfday!

Grats :smiley: And happy (be)lated birthday :wink:

ShropsBri:
Still can’t get your link to work Ian,the page just loads up black…is it me?

The page is flash, don’t happen to be using like a phone or an iPad or something similar that doesn’t support it?

Hyburnate:
Grats :smiley: And happy (be)lated birthday :wink:

ShropsBri:
Still can’t get your link to work Ian,the page just loads up black…is it me?

The page is flash, don’t happen to be using like a phone or an iPad or something similar that doesn’t support it?

It is an ipad indeed!
So there’s the answer,thank you sir.

(Good luck with hibernating in this weather :grimacing: )

Hmmmmmm cake. :laughing:

Happy birthday Ian, keep at it, but you’ve got another 11years to do to catch up with Tony Bradfield.

Ossie