YAHOO e-mails problem HELP please

Yesterday I went to open my emails as usual, only on pressing the little purple icon on my phone, was met with a log on page, & choice of new account :open_mouth: my email page & work contact storage files have all vanished :open_mouth: :open_mouth: even if I go onto ebay Iā€™m finding all my emails have gone !! all my work contacts everything, I canā€™t even recieve notifications from tknt! :frowning: :frowning:

I have tried to log in , yahoo wonā€™t allow it, & after trying a few times a message came on screen saying my account was on ā€™ lockdown ā€™ as they though there was a security problem due to me trying to access my email account a few times.

I have tried to make a new account , & this request keeps coming up with a red box around it saying this must start with a letter not a number. I had started it with a letter a few times and It will not accept it.
I have trid to also open a new account using my original email address , it wonā€™t accept this either.
Can anybody Please shed some light on this & a possible solution , I desperately need to get my files back urgently. Thanks

Your account has been temporarily blocked b Yahoo, probably because it has been hacked and used for sending spam.

Anyway, first thing to do is to try logging in on a different computer, just in case it is your own device that has been compromised. If you can get in then change your password immediately.

If you cannot get in the click on the ā€˜I canā€™t access my accountā€™ link - this should guide you through the process of resetting your password etc, depending on whether you know your memorable information etc. More information available here: Recognize a hacked Yahoo Mail account | Yahoo Help - SLN2090

If you have problems with that then thereā€™s a fairly helpful contact system here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop

Had the same Bonnie Lass last year,girlfriend went to log on as normal on her laptop wouldnā€™t let her get on,clicked on ā€œcanā€™t access my accountā€ to answer security questions and it asked questions she hadnā€™t set and memorable dates she had no hope of guessing,that happened on a new account she managed to set up a week later.

Might be worth taking your laptop into a shop one by us charged Ā£20 to crack the OS password might do it for yahoo too hope it helps

Jeff.

Yahoo had server problems yesterday.
Yahoo mail is working normally today.

If you were locked out you need to phone up and reset your password.
Happened to me last night.

I just keep my passwords simple.

No not simple but you know.

I do however like some companies take on having the password set as yep

PASSWORD it makes things so much easier :grimacing:

tallyman:
Your account has been temporarily blocked b Yahoo, probably because it has been hacked and used for sending spam.

Anyway, first thing to do is to try logging in on a different computer, just in case it is your own device that has been compromised. If you can get in then change your password immediately.

If you cannot get in the click on the ā€˜I canā€™t access my accountā€™ link - this should guide you through the process of resetting your password etc, depending on whether you know your memorable information etc. More information available here: Recognize a hacked Yahoo Mail account | Yahoo Help - SLN2090

If you have problems with that then thereā€™s a fairly helpful contact system here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop

Thanks for your reply tallyman along with the information links, when you say they could be using my email address for sending spam, does that mean they can get information out of my folders , or just that they would use my email name to send random emails to people ?

Daytrunker:
Had the same Bonnie Lass last year,girlfriend went to log on as normal on her laptop wouldnā€™t let her get on,clicked on ā€œcanā€™t access my accountā€ to answer security questions and it asked questions she hadnā€™t set and memorable dates she had no hope of guessing,that happened on a new account she managed to set up a week later.

Might be worth taking your laptop into a shop one by us charged Ā£20 to crack the OS password might do it for yahoo too hope it helps

Jeff.

Thanks for your reply daytrunker, it was showing a log in page to put your id & password , & just wouldnt accept anything typed in , & locked it for twelve hours!. There was no list of questions to answer. I donā€™t have a laptop its all done on my phone .

redboxer850:

Thanks for your reply redboxer, I have managed to set up new account tonight.

redboxer850:

do you have their phone number please? , I couldnā€™t find a number for them, & the internet said it waz a robotic site.

nick2008:
I just keep my passwords simple.

No not simple but you know.

I do however like some companies take on having the password set as yep

PASSWORD it makes things so much easier :grimacing:

Thanks for your reply nick, it wasnā€™t just the password it was throwing out , it was also not accepting the username , & would randomly not accept one or the other , or both when typed in.

bonnie lass:

redboxer850:

redboxer850:

do you have their phone number please? , I couldnā€™t find a number for them, & the internet said it waz a robotic site.

I am with BT Yahoo, so phoned BT.
Who are you with?

redboxer850:

bonnie lass:

redboxer850:

redboxer850:

I am with BT Yahoo, so phoned BT.
Who are you with?

I m always on the road drivng so donā€™t have a bt land line or other.

Just a thought as I had this happen.
When putting in details is your computer or smart phone key pad automatically inserting caps at the. Beginningā– ā– ? Just a thought

When putting in details is your computer or smart phone key pad automatically inserting caps at the. Beginningā– ā– ? Just a thought

nick2008:

Good suggestion nick, I had tried both caps & lower case just in case, unfortunately neitherworked.

Can access ACCOUNT via News but all emails and contacts bleached, change password soon if you can, contact Yahoosecurity.

A320:
Can access ACCOUNT via News but all emails and contacts bleached, change password soon if you can, contact Yahoosecurity.

Thanks for your reply A320, , i have since set up another yahoo email , which also has been deleted a few times & I complained through their feedback . This kept happening until i said i wasnt going to use yahoo any more & change my email provider, then like magic they put my emails back on the screen.

My original email address & folders I think are permenantly lost though.