YAAAAS Pass finally

Well today was my 4th shot at my class 2 and it went well, passed and my examiner mentioned a couple bits of hesitation, with bit of a brain ■■■■ moment, but everything else seemed to be Bob on. So I have felt awesome since then! currently sat in southwaite services getting redbull and a Mars bar since still got another 230 miles togo and could do with the caffeine! So will update better when home

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Top man Squire T

When done,all worth it in the end.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Great news!
So it looks like fourth time lucky. Maybe there is a hope for me then :slight_smile::wink:

Well done matey :smiley:

Congratulations! But a Mars bar…not a Yorkie? :laughing:

Thank you guys, I’m still not sure its really sunk in that I have passed and just need to wait for the licence to come back and somebody to take me on as a driver!

Well test was yesterday, and an hour in the truck before so with that starting at 7 and its 400 miles away from home I though sod it I will take an extra day go down Saturday and try to rest and be as chilled as possible for it all since nerves has been a big problem on test for me, and this would be the last shot that I would manage for a while.

So Monday morning, I could of reverse practices in and off on the practice drive and same as the last few times, I am slow, a little wonky on positioning (scuffed tyres going through narrow bit of roadworks, I was more worried by the cones and forgot about the kerb! Things came back during it and was doing well by the end, a pep talk from Paul and time to smoke, sit down and just ready myself for the test.

So truck is sat on the area for reversing so went and got myself ready and waiting for examiner to come over, usual checks, safety questions get reverse done, remember make sure to move head around so can properly see me checking mirrors over the shoulder etc and on with the reverse, just going nice and smoothly get the steering on nice and quick watching them mirrors for the cone, make sure you going over the lines keep them cones in the mirrors, start to steer again around that cone nice and straight back up to the line and STOP! handbrake on engine off…no need to get out and check big thumbs up from examiner and they dive in and time to head out on the road.

just off from the test centre, get that first pull over on the left done, yay its done then out of the industrial estate off on to the road, then another pull to the left done, yay 2 down 3 to go so off drive around some more, carefull through the road works, past the parked cars mirror mirror mirror mirror mirror and go though the other pull over on the left times done, so then independent drive time, nice route mostly main roads just keep going then right that’s done, so off back towards the test centre kept my nerves and steady as I could and right just park it on the right ok engine off then quiet

Now sitting there I though I had failed because of a couple junctions I had a bit of a brain ■■■■ at, one crossroad, with traffic lights and small not controlled by traffic lights filter lane for going left, I am turning left here and I got confused saw the lights on red and stopped and my brain went into oh crap is this traffic lights? is it just a filter oh ***** what do I do? by great fortune the traffic light gods smiled on me and they changed to Green so I was off, and the other I was sure that I was in the wrong lane for going left, that was in a lane and for a left just before the junction and I should have one a lane over and moved over afterwards, but I was already there vehicles to the right so while it felt a little off I would have caused issues doing anything else so turn left as I should.

Then I am pleased to say…oh jebus thank you then onto the couple points on hesitation, if that first one had been busy or somebody was beeping horn from behind it could have been very different the other one where you hesitated then just got on with it, and would you like me to send your licence off? and handed over the best bit of paper I have ever been given!

So back into reception and get the all important photo with the truck!

So what advise can I give to people waiting on tests? should I even give advise since it bloody took me 4 goes, probably not!

Anyway was as much as it feel like they are against you in the test they aren’t, the 3 time I failed while not happy about doing it I knew and understand what I did and that it was what cause me to fail.

Get the foot down, as Clarkson would say speed and power solve everything, while driving like your typical tipper driver on their 9th can of red bull of the morning would not be a good idea, get the foot down quickly as you can, getting up to decent speed makes life easier since have less cars that want to shove in front, and the should hopefully give you a little more room as well, since won’t be looking for that tiny gap they think is possible to squeeze into.

Thank you for the messages guys!

@dead.duck haha yeah 4th times the charm, hey you passed class 2 fine, will get the class 1 done, nerves are a real pain, I would highly recommend the “day off” before it where ever you are going, going into it a little more relaxed definitely helped me.

@exit, I was tired and they didn’t have any in so will wait for that first day out haha

Well done on passing.

Congratulations on the pass! And all the best for the future.

Really pleased you stuck with it and got the result.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete [emoji16]

Glad I got there in the end, getting that pass certificate and that photo in front of T22 is the happiest day I have had in a very long time I don’t think I would have been able to stuck it out quite so well without the support from everybody at PSTT, From all the help from PMs and when I spoke to you the first time I was down and all the lockdown chaos

I had training with Chris, Helen, Paul and Mark every time was brilliant helped me work on the bits I struggled with helped me keep my confidence where it needed to be to keep on going, Tracy and Paul did an amazing job of working with me to get retests booked in each and everytime and you couldn’t ask for somebody nicer than Rosina when you walk in having failed to make you feel less daft!

Onwards to a new life and career, I have no hesitation at wanting to head down again for my class 1 just see how things work out being able todo that as well with PSTT

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk