Y O Y

my motor is faster than most by a click or 2,so y do drivers fight you all the way when over taking,only to box there self in behind another lorry,lose all the mermentom and sit there for an gap in the traffic they just created,this topic has been done to death,but to all the half wits y?

malcolmgbell:
all the half wits

There’s your…

Answer right there.

I think this topic could be broadened to general poor driving within the industry.

Had a 7.5t driver joining the A14 yesterday. The way was clear so I moved across to let him join only for him to leave me hanging with zero thanks or acknowledgment so I eased off and pulled back in only for him to suddenly lose speed so I went for the overtake again and once again he left me hanging but fortunately it was just before a downhill so that’s where I left him :laughing:

Simply, there are too many vehicles on the road now, and all limited to around the same speed.

Before limiters we didn’t get bunching (or tailgating) to the same degree because the speed differentials were greater so overtaking times were quicker and hence less frustrating, but then we didn’t have anything like the number of vehicles of all types on the road, nor the number of people in the country who have to be serviced, it’ll only get worse so enjoy this time because in 30 years you’ll look back on these as the best days to be on the road :open_mouth:

Juddian:
Simply, there are too many vehicles on the road now, and all limited to around the same speed.

Before limiters we didn’t get bunching (or tailgating) to the same degree because the speed differentials were greater so overtaking times were quicker and hence less frustrating, but then we didn’t have anything like the number of vehicles of all types on the road, nor the number of people in the country who have to be serviced, it’ll only get worse so enjoy this time because in 30 years you’ll look back on these as the best days to be on the road :open_mouth:

That does not answer the question,as to y they race you to basically a road block, and at the same time cause tail backs,

One could ask why you’re trying to overtake a lorry you can barely get ahead of and when you know they’re going to catch the one in front you don’t let them out, deliberately using the slower lorry ahead to get past. Quite clearly you can’t be going faster than them as you think you are if its causing tailbacks. If I’m in L2 and I see a truck in L1 slower than me but catching up to the motor in front of it I let them out even if I have to slow down a couple of clicks until they pass it because I’m not a ■■■■.

Might want to look at your own driving, you’re as much to blame for that roadblock and tailback as they are.

But there is also the question ,why is your truck faster than everybody elses …

Conor:
One could ask why you’re trying to overtake a lorry you can barely get ahead of and when you know they’re going to catch the one in front you don’t let them out, deliberately using the slower lorry ahead to get past. Quite clearly you can’t be going faster than them as you think you are if its causing tailbacks. If I’m in L2 and I see a truck in L1 slower than me but catching up to the motor in front of it I let them out even if I have to slow down a couple of clicks until they pass it because I’m not a ■■■■.

Might want to look at your own driving, you’re as much to blame for that roadblock and tailback as they are.

Yeah right there all it takes is a little consideration to others,
And when overtaking another wagon where the driver turns out to be Lewis Hamilton and leaves you out to dry what I do is just watch is mirror and each time he or she looks at you as they will just too check your still there just wave at them, you get a strange look at first but after about 3 waves like a mad 5yr old they get the message and back off a click works for me all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norb:

Not you concern unless your vosa

Conor:

So you never over take,?

norb:

Every thinks faster than a daf

norb:

And my Willy is bigger as well.

malcolmgbell:
That does not answer the question,as to y they race you to basically a road block, and at the same time cause tail backs,

Maybe they are thinking “Why is he racing me, when he is only 1 or 2 kph faster? Why is he causing a roadblock? Why is he in the outside lane expecting me to brake and make my trip longer? Why is he blocking the outside lane causing a tailback?”

And who is blocking the road causing a tailback? The vehicle in the “slow” lane or the vehicle in the “overtaking” lane?

This happened on my way to Glasgow the other day, other lad was driving (merc antos) and decided to overtake an artic after coming off a roundabout and along a straight the artic was taking its time to get up to speed, me mate went for the overtake despite me saying not a wise idea and lo and behold the artic found some speed :cry:

Now I’m not blaming the artic but he could have held back for a second because I’m not sure who was more scared, me or the car that eventually appeared ahead coming our way (which didn’t seem like it wanted to slow down either despite a wagon on its side of the road :confused: )

Franglais:

malcolmgbell:

Maybe they are thinking “Why is he racing me, when he is only 1 or 2 kph faster? Why is he causing a roadblock? Why is he in the outside lane expecting me to brake and make my trip longer? Why is he blocking the outside lane causing a tailback?”

And who is blocking the road causing a tailback? The vehicle in the “slow” lane or the vehicle in the “overtaking” lane?

What when you can see then trying as hard as they can to make it go faster,dropping a cog,then back up,I’m not racing any body I’m just trying to get to where I’m going,if the tangs and others are passing me I back off and let them go,not hard really

malcolmgbell:
my motor is faster than most by a click or 2,so y do drivers fight you all the way when over taking,only to box there self in behind another lorry,lose all the mermentom and sit there for an gap in the traffic they just created,this topic has been done to death,but to all the half wits y?

Today the average roaduser is selfish and only concerned with themselves. You very rarely get any thanks or consideration and it gets worse.

malcolmgbell:

Because they’re dense and cannot think about anything other than the six feet in front of them. They’re also too thick to understand that the onus is on the one being overtaken to yield and let the faster vehicle pass.

Its not a common occurrence for me at 59 thankfully.

I usually check mirrors,if there’s a line of cars behind the overtaking truck i’ll back off a little to let them pass me.
I moved into lane two at woodhall to let someone join last week,he matched me within seconds and it was a neck and neck all way to M18,I ended up backing off to get onto M18 in end,i was empty and he must have been too.

Letting someone out who then holds you out and then resolutely refuses to either back off or even glance at you really makes me wish that my superpower was to rewind time by a minute, they’d end up slamming there brakes on on the sliproad, that’s for sure :imp:

Why is it now assumed we will move out?

We do it to help others but the slip road traffic should be giving way to us and we’re ■■■■■ if we don’t.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk