XPO

Themoocher:

Conor:
Are they anything to do with Nobbies? HJ use Nobbies for French deliveries and they started to come in with XPO liveried wagons on French plates pulling Nobbie logo’d trailers.

Yeah they bought nobbies out pal.
But think few of the yards still have nobbie livery under XPO command I believe.

Dropped to the donkey stranglers once. All trailers were marked up as nobbies, but there were posters for XPO Logistics everywhere. Same smiling young man and smiling young woman on every wall possible. Now if only I could remember where the bloody hell I was :s

merc0447:

scanny77:
Not just Livingston. The whole contract

That’s a big loss to Dhl, plus also losing B&Q recently aswell. Dhl have had that for donkeys years.

Wonder where bookers will go, only option I can see in the east of the country is Nisa’s yard.

It was originally a booker site (which is why we have to fuel the Irish deckers) at NISA (DHL site) then Iceland moved in. There is a rumour that booker sold it to the council and rented it from them but this is just a rumour. Booker are expected to follow suit anyway!

It was only announced on Thursday and the official transfer is in July. Nobody really knows anything yet but acorn recruitment is advertising for immediate starts at all of the Iceland sites just now. Seemingly they do the sourcing for XPO although they appear to be a bit premature

DHL have the Iceland contract here in NI just started in Oct 2014 and McBurney had it before that.
Does this mean the same to the store deliveries here in NI as we don’t have XPO/ND here??

Big Truck:
DHL have the Iceland contract here in NI just started in Oct 2014 and McBurney had it before that.
Does this mean the same to the store deliveries here in NI as we don’t have XPO/ND here??

Rumour is that it wont affect the Irish contract. Its separate from the Iceland contract with the DAFs and deckers being owned by DHL, not Iceland. Presumably they will continue to supply as a 3rd party contractor just like McBurneys did

XPO are taking over Warrington Iceland in May.

I can confirm Iceland are moving over to XPO in May. I was worried until I read this thread looks like maybe I could come out better off!

Damo_hall:
I can confirm Iceland are moving over to XPO in May.

Ha! Put me in the sin bin now ya mardy faced ■■■■■!

the maoster:

Damo_hall:
I can confirm Iceland are moving over to XPO in May.

Ha! Put me in the sin bin now ya mardy faced ■■■■■!

■■?

Sorry Damo, I work for XPO and I deliver to Iceland Swindon where if you are more than a nonosecond late for your booking the cheery (not) goods in witch puts you in the sin bin for a few hours as punishment. Let’s see her try it now.

How the hell in this day and age can a grown truck driver be put in the sin bin.
ICELAND SWINDON IF YOUR READING THIS SHAME ON YOU

the maoster:
Sorry Damo, I work for XPO and I deliver to Iceland Swindon where if you are more than a nonosecond late for your booking the cheery (not) goods in witch puts you in the sin bin for a few hours as punishment. Let’s see her try it now.

Why would that change? Same people, same job, different logo on the shirt!

LASHHGV:
How the hell in this day and age can a grown truck driver be put in the sin bin.
ICELAND SWINDON IF YOUR READING THIS SHAME ON YOU

I’ve never been there without been put in Sin Bin. 4 hours last time