XPO logistics

Hi, has anyone worked for xpo logistics as a driver? Are they ok to work for?

Hi Anotherdriver.
I used to work for them up until 2016 when i retired, i suppose it depends what contract you do
and what the Transport office staff are like.
personally i found them a alright at the depot i worked for, but that was in France doing
International.

Which depot or contract?

If its runcorn avoid.

I work for XPO. The biggest minus point is that it’s a “logistical provider” which means basically they value graduates over experienced transport operatives at a management level. Obviously that means that the whole company lurches from one crisis to the next under the guidance of people who are quite frankly idiots.

A big plus point is that (in my experience at least) the equipment is top notch and maintained excellently. You will NEVER be asked nor expected to do anything that isn’t 100% legal and above board. Yes you will be pushed to the max but saying no to their demands never has adverse consequences.

Pay and conditions wise it is an extremely fragmented company due mainly to the way that Norberts acquired haulage companies when they first came to the UK. What that means in effect is that the depot where I work is an ex Salveson site and still retains all of their T’s & C’s whereas for example the ex Swifts depot 50 miles away will be totally different.

Dunno if this helps at all but I guess what I’m saying is that each depot should be treated at face value and you’ll only get a real idea of things by talking to drivers from the depot that you have your eye on to start working for.

astanka:
Which depot or contract?

If its runcorn avoid.

Mr Hamer spoil it for you by any chance…? :wink:

the maoster:
I work for XPO. The biggest minus point is that it’s a “logistical provider” which means basically they value graduates over experienced transport operatives at a management level. Obviously that means that the whole company lurches from one crisis to the next under the guidance of people who are quite frankly idiots.

A big plus point is that (in my experience at least) the equipment is top notch and maintained excellently. You will NEVER be asked nor expected to do anything that isn’t 100% legal and above board. Yes you will be pushed to the max but saying no to their demands never has adverse consequences.

Pay and conditions wise it is an extremely fragmented company due mainly to the way that Norberts acquired haulage companies when they first came to the UK. What that means in effect is that the depot where I work is an ex Salveson site and still retains all of their T’s & C’s whereas for example the ex Swifts depot 50 miles away will be totally different.

Dunno if this helps at all but I guess what I’m saying is that each depot should be treated at face value and you’ll only get a real idea of things by talking to drivers from the depot that you have your eye on to start working for.

That be ex swifts …ex salvo’s…ex norberts…now xpo…track yourpensionnowdipshit.com

They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

joe royal:
They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

Another in-depth and insightful reply for a valid question from a fellow driver :unamused:

The gas man:

joe royal:

Another in-depth and insightful reply for a valid question from a fellow driver :unamused:

Ok , the problem with these questions are the answers .

Driver 1 , yep good firm to work for.

1. Don’t touch , have you chasing your tail every day.

2. It’s a days work for a days pay

3. It’s driving a truck , what do you expect ?

4 answers from 4 different drivers .

The answers usually depend if your face fits , the best thing to do is ring them up and get a feel for the place , if that goes well then go for an interview .

I find the ones that are up front about wages ( no weird bonus systems or nights out included in the basic wage) are usually the best to work for.