Xpo/Iceland Swindon

Well done guys you are the ultimate pair of F wits. 13 and 1/2 hours sat in your place this week. 2 loads over 3 days, you guys are the pinnacle of why the jobs buggered.
As long as your on a bay within 2 hours there’s no waiting charge etc. So let’s put you on a bay within that time and leave you sat there for 3 hour on said bay.
Stuck in a room sat on a plank chair where your arse goes numb in minutes. You even have to sit there while waiting too be allocated a bay. WHY?
I just wish I had a tipper on because it would have been dumped over the yard I can assure you.

Warning, if you have to go to this place please make sure you have some lube cause you will be rear ended without fail.

Rant over. I will go back to contemplating my utter existance in this line of work,and that’s casual work. (Think I’ve just answered my existance).

I was in there last week, 52 pallets and didn’t even get 45 minutes on a bay :laughing:

Some people get all the luck when it comes to overtime :unamused:

rocketsquadron:
Well done guys you are the ultimate pair of F wits. 13 and 1/2 hours sat in your place this week. 2 loads over 3 days, you guys are the pinnacle of why the jobs buggered.
As long as your on a bay within 2 hours there’s no waiting charge etc. So let’s put you on a bay within that time and leave you sat there for 3 hour on said bay.
Stuck in a room sat on a plank chair where your arse goes numb in minutes. You even have to sit there while waiting too be allocated a bay. WHY?
I just wish I had a tipper on because it would have been dumped over the yard I can assure you.

Warning, if you have to go to this place please make sure you have some lube cause you will be rear ended without fail.

Rant over. I will go back to contemplating my utter existance in this line of work,and that’s casual work. (Think I’ve just answered my existance).

Must be ambient then, you should get a chilled load it’s a different world the other side and you get allocated a bay at the gatehouse.

rocketsquadron:

It is a bog hole. It’s saving grace was always that it wasn’t the worst place to tip in Swindon, but then Farepak Hampers went bust. They were the pioneers of the drivers waiting room. In the early nineties you used to get to listen to drivers from Salvesen & Frigoscandia telling you they were taking home seven hundred quid a week for hours on end.

Both frozen. Thank christ for the 2 yearsley drivers who came in. One of which gave them dogs abuse. Made Tuesdays 10hr wait in total that little bit easier. 3and 1/2 early morning only to be told that I won’t be tipped by the time my 15hr was up. Then come back in that night and wait for 6 and 1/2hrs. Even asked for a lawn mower too cut the grass around the lorry.
Completely buggered up Thursdays early finish as I made it to pontefract after reloading chichester and had to stop 40 minutes from the yard as I ran out of time. Nope they wouldn’t pick me up either.

Dont they have a canteen you can use like they have at Warrington?

rocketsquadron:

Send a copy of this to the depot manager, the regional manger and the CEO (or what ever the top man is called these days)

Nothing changes unless you tell peeps there’s a problem. Telling us is great and a rant makes you feel slightly better. Telling the peeps who can change the situation is a lot more worthwhile.

yourhavingalarf:
Send a copy of this to the depot manager, the regional manger and the CEO (or what ever the top man is called these days)

Nothing changes unless you tell peeps there’s a problem. Telling us is great and a rant makes you feel slightly better. Telling the peeps who can change the situation is a lot more worthwhile.

Why would any of them care about some angry ranting from an individual that they don’t employ, telling them that he would happily dump their pallets of whatever it happened to be that he was delivering all over their yard if he had the opportunity to do so?

It costs them the same whether a supplier’s truck sits there for five minutes or five hours being tipped. Keeping lorry drivers waiting around is not a concern to these people. In fact, it doesn’t even register with them at all.

I think things are changing at iceland/xpo according to goods in at warrington, they have been told they have to up there game when it comes to tipping trucks in the future it has already started there, and when i mentioned how slow livingstone was yesterday he told me that they will have to do the same along with swindon.
I was expecting upto 45 mins to get 3 pallets tipped off this morning so went to the canteen for breakfast when I went back was told I had been tipped for half an hour, just said it normally takes a while so went, response was not any more, we will see.

Olog Hai:
Why would any of them care about some angry ranting from an individual that they don’t employ

If they’re not aware of problems, how can they change things? I agree with you that the top people are frequently too busy sorting out offshore investments, company strategy or ordering the biscuits for the next board meeting but, if you don’t ask, you sure as hell don’t get.

It’s because we’ve spent the last two decades whinning to each other in muddy yards, greasy cafes or RDC waiting areas and NOT to the people who can actually make a difference that we end up standing around in areas that anyone else would quite simply say ‘I’m not waiting in there for two hours’.

yourhavingalarf:

rocketsquadron:

Why do people use the words “peeps”…

yourhavingalarf:

Olog Hai:
Why would any of them care about some angry ranting from an individual that they don’t employ

If they’re not aware of problems, how can they change things?

I am not saying that there is not a problem. What I am saying is that a ranting email from someone who says that he would quite happily tip the goods that they have paid for all over their yard in some kind of pointless act of lorry driver retribution is only going to get filed in one place, and that is the bin.

As for your other point, they just won’t care that drivers do not like their policy of holding them in a waiting room.

yourhavingalarf:

rocketsquadron:

I have thought about doing just that. Not to kean on giving away who I work for incase of retribution. Yes I’m casual and I can float about but what I have just now really suits my full time work. I believe XPO have just taken over very recently from DHL maybe they are aware of the problem.
Will do some digging on who to email.

I tried a nice passive aggressive tack today at a different place.

After waiting two hours to be put on a bay I went into Goods In office to ask for a pen and paper.

I then wrote R E N A U L T on the paper and hummed and ahhhed for a couple of minutes. Bloke behind the counter said, “is there a problem drive?”

Me: “Yeah, I have all the letters from my lorry and it still doesn’t spell warehouse!”

Tipped and gone in 45 minutes.

But at least you have totty to ogle through the window.

If you’re into a badly tattooed bog monsters that is.

Bet she smells worse than the drivers toilet up close!

Farmfoods should buy them out. Their canteen/waiting facilities are mint.

Must be the ‘new order’ with xpo,did a Bradford,M&S last week to be informed i had to stay in the canteen while loading,as a box jockey this situation is rarely encountered by us thank the gods and you guys who endure this on a regular basis have my sympathies.
I got the-‘A driver once drove off’ ■■■■■■■■ from them but looking at pre-XPO safety signs at the gatehouse,suggesting a suzy disconnection routine it seems clear a pathetic XPO agendas in full swing,i threw a hissy based on previous nights lost kip at Rotherham truckstop-a ■■■■■■■■ using a chainsaw on some logs for over an hour,at 7pm ffsnear parked trucks,angry words exchanged,then the following mornings delights chez Bradford,copies of the sun and star,no chance for a scran,crappy,inhumane Spanish Inquisition experience in hoc to a policy that is oxymoronic to the max,ie,neither healthy nor safe to torture drivers who need their own bunk and cooking facilities.A pox on XPO :imp: