XPO Iceland Deeside

Hello all,

Does anyone work for these or have done recently?

I’m interested what they’re like to work for, what are the hours like? And do they give you any kind of risk assessment sheets for store deliveries?

Thanks

I do on my third week working for them . people in the office are sound. in the morning they ive you your run alon wit store risk assessments and rum manifest , check the wagon and trailer and you have set delivery times at the store in te reion of 2 to 3 our windows the office don’t bother you during the day unless they want you to go to another store to collect return items like cages or pallets. I am getting about 50 hours each week. at the minute the only start times they have are between midnight and 3am, 8am to 12pm midday but on that time it mostly 10am to 12pm. the store risk assessment s give you direction from a certain point most just have pictures of the back door or map of the yard. the stores deeside cover is Liverpool area, north wales, west and south sides of Birmingham I have been down as far as halesown as do into mid wales as newtown but depends on start time on the start time. im on 8am to midday I mostly do stoke or birmingham area which is 8am to 12pm. I will et a picture of the risk assessment tomorrow. te sift pattern is very strange first 2 weeks I did Monday to Friday, tis week I worked Monday, Tuesday off Wednesday and Thursday but worked it , ten work Friday and Saturday. They don’t currently do store deliveries on a Sunday at the minute.

Its £12.56 for the first 45 hours, £13.60 after 45. Saturday £14.33 or £15.2 if over 45 hours. if you start between 12am midnight and 3:30am you et an extra £0.70 an hour for the full shift. basic for the 45 hours is £565.2

Wonder who does these stores??

eyeonspain.com/blogs/SpainM … spain.aspx

idrive:

Flip flops, it’s a backload, Lithuanians are doing m/s in Malta, a Gibraltarian does m/s in Gibraltar… EE"s do lots of stores and airports from England, There cheaper …

Is it hard graft, how many stores per day?

idrive:

Dozy does them on a Thursday, then tries to get home Friday

QUIGZZ:
Is it hard graft, how many stores per day?

Awful job.Always advertising.Thats all you need to know

Djdanj89:
Hello all,

I’m interested what they’re like to work for, what are the hours like? And do they give you any kind of risk assessment sheets for store deliveries?

Thanks

I can tell you what it’s like mate because I was delivering there yesterday.

There is a corner of the building that the boss uses as his garage with a full-time staff member at his disposal. The black Bentley adorned with the private plate ’ 1CE ’ takes pride of place. There are 3 cars in a line under car covers. Car 1- Ford Capri 2.8 injection special. Car 2- 71 plate BMW Car 3- Porsche 911 (red I think it was). I was ushered out of there pretty sharpish once I picked the car cover up to see the Capri so I couldn’t get details on the BMW & Porsche :wink: :laughing:

On my way out I said to the bosses ‘car assistant/valeter/special friend’ that I could not gain access to the brand new glass fronted fancy restaurant on the other corner of the building. He explained it was for senior staff only with a card fob and strictly not for drivers…so I wandered off to the crappy XPO canteen for crap like me.

As I wandered to said dirthole, I admired the dreadful & filthy DAY cab artic tractor units parked up and wondered to myself what it would be like to take a legally required 45 min break sat bolt upright in these magnificent machines.

So in a nutshell mate, if you want to be royally taken the ■■■■ out of for around £13 per hour pump trucking around 750 kgs of frozen chips on a blue chep pallet out of the back of a trailer connected to a child’s toy truck at 6am, and if you want to help grow the gaffers lovely car collection that he blatantly flaunts to the drivers as they trundle past, then Iceland Deeside is the place for you Brother :sunglasses:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

eagerbeaver:

Djdanj89:
Hello all,

Thanks

There is a corner of the building that the boss uses as his garage with a full-time staff member at his disposal. The black Bentley adorned with the private plate ’ 1CE ’ takes pride of place. There are 3 cars in a line under car covers. Car 1- Ford Capri 2.8 injection special. Car 2- 71 plate BMW Car 3- Porsche 911 (red I think it was). I was ushered out of there pretty sharpish once I picked the car cover up to see the Capri so I couldn’t get details on the BMW & Porsche :wink: :laughing:

On my way out I said to the bosses ‘car assistant/valeter/special friend’ that I could not gain access to the brand new glass fronted fancy restaurant on the other corner of the building. He explained it was for senior staff only with a card fob and strictly not for drivers…so I wandered off to the crappy XPO canteen for crap like me.

As I wandered to said dirthole, I admired the dreadful & filthy DAY cab artic tractor units parked up and wondered to myself what it would be like to take a legally required 45 min break sat bolt upright in these magnificent machines.

So in a nutshell mate, if you want to be royally taken the ■■■■ out of for around £13 per hour pump trucking around 750 kgs of frozen chips on a blue chep pallet out of the back of a trailer connected to a child’s toy truck at 6am, and if you want to help grow the gaffers lovely car collection that he blatantly flaunts to the drivers as they trundle past, then Iceland Deeside is the place for you Brother :sunglasses:

Amen!

Brilliant Beaver :smiling_imp:

Haven’t seen an ‘‘apartheid’’, as in for senior management only, upper class works restaurant for about 35 years, that one was at the Ovaltine factory Kinks Langley :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

Djdanj89:
Hello all,

Thanks

drops mic