XPO Class 1 ADR Night Trunk Advert

Ive just seen a daylight robbery (or should that be night time robbery) in progress: XPO up my way (N E England) are advertising for a Class 1 Night Trunk Driver with ADR Licence (full time post) for…wait for it…£9.62 ph! What [zb] planet are they on?! (advertised on Indeed).

They pay £10 and a few pennies here in Staffordshire, that’s not for tanks though it’s pallets of barrels/drums or whatever double stacked on the night network trailers.

What is the point of posts like this, if you don’t fancy this position then that’s fine if nobody else applies then the employer will have to reconsider. Although there may a driver out there that would like to apply and be happy at that rate. XPO is run by very clever people who definaltly live on same planet as you Mark.

Mark500:
Ive just seen a daylight robbery (or should that be night time robbery) in progress: XPO up my way (N E England) are advertising for a Class 1 Night Trunk Driver with ADR Licence (full time post) for…wait for it…£9.62 ph! What [zb] planet are they on?! (advertised on Indeed).

That’ll be plus night shift allowance. It was about £13.00 a shift a few years ago might be more now and they only work about 10 hours or less.

That’s 50p more than my 2001 rate :unamused:

Rew:

Mark500:

That’ll be plus night shift allowance. It was about £13.00 a shift a few years ago might be more now and they only work about 10 hours or less.

£13 a shift■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: lol.

Rentadent:
They pay £10 and a few pennies here in Staffordshire, that’s not for tanks though it’s pallets of barrels/drums or whatever double stacked on the night network trailers.

Drivers are their own worst enemy. If all the drivers stood together and refused these companies would be forced to pay the right wages. Instead the shareholders are having a jolly up at the drivers expense. In my opinion whoever drives an hgv for that money doesn’t value the risk or responsibility.

And if it doesn’t appeal to you, then why comment?

Someone who has just passed their test may see it as a way in to get experience until something better comes along.

Ken.