Xpo as an employer?

What are xpo like as an employer?
Just a general overview please, I understand different contacts have different terms and pay but I am just after personal thoughts of them from employees or ex employees please.
Sorry to be a bit vague but there is a reason :wink:
Thanks.

Havenā€™t worked for them myself, but deliver to a few sites that their drivers go to and have a chin wag with them now and again. Most of them seem happy enough, but like any large company they will have the usual turn over of drivers like any other does. Theyā€™ll have crap management at one site and better at another.

Same ā– ā– ā– ā– , different uniform - thatā€™s the way I see it these days.

Same as Nobbie Dingle Dangle but yankiefied??

Expect to be given the crappy corporate induction and this is the way to do it or else speechā€¦
Iā€™m speaking as an ex Norbert Distressedangle employee at Hounslow - no split coupling allowed even with a deep coupled trailerā€¦ :blush:

Cheers guys, culture shock then as pretty much free reign at the moment :laughing:

PMā€™d ya numnuts :laughing:

Give the moaster a pm. Heā€™s on for the ex salveson arm out of Colsterworth

Yeah crappy corporate rules with no logic just ā€˜our way or no wayā€™ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  runs across the board at that place, Stoke, Leigh, Crick, Hounslow, they were all the same, itā€™s a strange mentality especially from grown men but if you donā€™t follow the ā€œrulesā€ some snide [zb] will report you and try to put a black mark against your name, they wonā€™t speak to you man to man they just go running to your manager to try and earn brownie points!

Iā€™ve still got a couple of mates on there and they are good lads but are so demoralised from the crap and being lied to they just turn up and go through the motions now.

Thanks guys, tnuk comes through again :sunglasses:

Well I noticed their job ads seemed to pay Ā£1+ ph less than Nobbies?

TiredAndEmotional:

Gotta pay for the XPO stickers and trailer curtains. :wink:

mrginge:

TiredAndEmotional:

Gotta pay for the XPO stickers and trailer curtains. :wink:

The #wearexpo curtains :laughing: :laughing:

Canā€™t answer the OP as Iā€™ve never worked for them but they have a banner outside their Normanton depot wanting drivers.

Swifts were bought out by Norberts who have since been take over by XPO, they are huge over here but only seem to have appeared on the scene during the past year or so. XPO have bought out Conway and a few other large companies, they are expanding faster than I thought possible, swallowing up transport firms as weeks pass by, there have even been rumours of them making a play for my company to break into tanker freight on a large scale, I have actually seen a few tankers in their colours.
As is normal when such huge take overs happen there is usually a disaster coming in which the CEOā€™s and top people take their millions and run leaving the poor workers to face the poverty line.

Pat, how many times have we seen these people come into previously good companies, change everything usually for the worse, get rid of the previous skilled management who made the company a success (which tempted the asset strippers in the first place :unamused: ), then then sell it off after a short while often at a loss whilst walking away with huge personal payouts (in some cases the buyout company paying them large sums to leave), only to see a rinse and repeat episode in the making a few years hence.

When you think about it a bit more, we see just a small glimpse in our own particular field, but this is going on all the time in our western countries, iā€™m just surprised if we simple steering wheel attendees can see it happening how come those well heeled with the funds being used who are taking the hits canā€™t see it too, do they never research the ā€˜newā€™ face for previous?

I only have contact with one of their sites regularly and they have (and still are) losing more staff than they can replace and that is not limited to drivers. Even the GM is going (no loss there) and the trend goes all the way down the ranks. I dont think other sites are too bad but I dont really know myself