Xgody trucknav

Anybody used this Xgody truck nav cheap to buy heard some good things and bad any feedback appreciated cheers tony

Ok for tge money…You get no new maps and still get the odd low bridge.
As always open the map or use your eyes.

If you want new maps contact their support quoting your satnav version. They will give you a link to new maps along with the instruction how to update it (pretty easy).

As for the satnav - it’s decent.

Generally a good sat nav. But don’t trust it for bridge heights.
I’ve set my height as 14’6 and last week it wanted to take me round the South circular. Today under a 14’ bridge. ( It must have known I had a standard container on)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i had my xgody updated by a guy who is on the xgody facebook group. he does it for free by post absolute hero ,tho i sent him something in with my satnav because its wrong to take advantage. the only annoying thing about the latest upgrade is the verbal warning noise for speeding/cam its now a bloomin police siren instead of a boing boing. this sh/ts me up thinking im about to be pulled up.

David5l:
Generally a good sat nav. But don’t trust it for bridge heights.
I’ve set my height as 14’6 and last week it wanted to take me round the South circular. Today under a 14’ bridge. ( It must have known I had a standard container on)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This. Does the job. Gets you in the ball park.
Just don’t follow it blindly into a low bridge.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

The maps on them are hacked Igo maps, which funnily enough are used on the Stralis, and are usually around 12 months behind.

I played around with a similar unit to the XGoody Goody Yum Yum, a few months ago, and managed to get newer maps on, and I altered the inbuilt written programme to accept the cameras from Pocket GPS World with proper distances instead of the default ones, which, in the case of mobile cameras, are next to useless.

In fairness, the % of roads that change per year in the UK is so small, sometimes an update isn’t worth it, but if you must or need to or want to, probably an update yearly is just as good.

Ken.

Do they do live traffic and if so how good is it ?

I dont need a satnav as such but being told of traffic ahead would be nice.

had my xgody recently tweaked by a guy on the xgody facebook group ,theres a bunch of xgody enthusiasts there who can add on or take of all manner of extra features if youve an gody the NOZATEC TRUCK SAT NAV USERS UK facebook support groups a must!